09' GTR v/s Corvette Zo6

Who will win between a stock 2009 GTR and a c6 Zo6

• GTR defeats z06

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Zo6 defeats GTR

Votes: 107 84.9%
  • Tie both cars are evenly matched and can't decide.

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoePac

Established Member
Yea, this I think is the best comparison for both cars. A Termy is no match for either and the zr1 is GOD under 110k. So and all around comparison which one do you believe will honestly win??? I've seen comparisons and these are close in every one even cost.....70k!!!:rockon:

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
You didn't specify what we are compairing. I say overall the GTR wins, that is just based on what I have read from different magazines because I have never ridden in either car. But I have heard that the Z06 might not be as good of a daily driver unlike the GTR, and around a track I pick the GTR, in a strait line from a roll, the Z06, and from a dig at a track both on street tires, I pick the GTR (depending on the driver of the Z06).

JoePac

Established Member
All around means cost,strait line,dig and roll,road course,daily use and resale value.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Like I stated before the quickest I heard from a GT-R is 11.4. Though the ZO6 is a well matched competitor and I also think it's cool how it drives 0 to 175mph all in 5th gear. I think I'd have to pick the GT-R because for one I don't really like having a car where an even better model exist in the ZR1. And two because I'm already used to an NA rear wheel drive car. I kinda want something new

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Depends, straight line or a roll race Vette eats the GTR PERIOD. Road course it is pretty even with the GTR coming out on top usually depending on the track. Smaller tight twisty tracks the GTR shines and the Vette has trouble because it is not all wheel drive and it is on crappy run flats. Now if the track is a big track that has longer straights and lets the cars stretch their legs my money would be on the Z. If I could have either one for free I'd take the Vette, but I am probably bias : )

JoePac

Established Member
Depends, straight line or a roll race Vette eats the GTR PERIOD. Road course it is pretty even with the GTR coming out on top usually depending on the track. Smaller tight twisty tracks the GTR shines and the Vette has trouble because it is not all wheel drive and it is on crappy run flats. Now if the track is a big track that has longer straights and lets the cars stretch their legs my money would be on the Z. If I could have either one for free I'd take the Vette, but I am probably bias : )

HaHa, I would take the vette too. I just know that even if the gtr would win it would not get too much credit anywhere. We all here about the fanboys but too match that are the gtr haters.:pop:

darkone19

Banned
Like I stated before the quickest I heard from a GT-R is 11.4. Though the ZO6 is a well matched competitor and I also think it's cool how it drives 0 to 175mph all in 5th gear. I think I'd have to pick the GT-R because for one I don't really like having a car where an even better model exist in the ZR1. And two because I'm already used to an NA rear wheel drive car. I kinda want something new

The Z does 200 in 5th...lolz

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
HaHa, I would take the vette too. I just know that even if the gtr would win it would not get too much credit anywhere. We all here about the fanboys but too match that are the gtr haters.:pop:

Agreed, I think the car does not get the credit it deserves. It is absolutely HATED by most on Corvetteforum. I'll tell you when the majority of this started though. When one of the mag rags had the GTR on the cover and proclaimed the car CORVETTE KILLER!!! That was the start of all this silly drama. They just matched the GTR up against the Ferrari 599, Corvette ZR1, and the Porsche GT2. The GTR held its own in this class of brutes and I think it is quite an amazing car.

Does it have some flaws? Sure, but it is a new car LOADED with technology and in its first year. I think a few problems are to be expected and also usually blown out of porportion. I remember when the C6 Z06 came out and people were shelling out BIG BUCKS for this car and the freakin roofs were flying off and the adhesive was not sticking. :lol: No ones perfect but the GTR is a badass no doubt. Anyone who thinks it isn't does not know cars, is a fanboy of a certain brand, or is just plain out dumb. :beer:

Last edited:

GTSSTANG

Established Member
Both cars have such great points about each.. I like both.

I am pretty sure the GTR can't hit 190+mph or whatever the Z06 can top speed. Also with a little bit better tires on the Z06 will be hard to beat in the 1/4 mile test.

Now.. Having four seats and being able to hang with the top dogs is a definte plus, Now turn up the boost a little and the GTR will be a beast... Plus it is easier for the average guy to get good 1/4 ETs...

blk02edge

Established Member

I am pretty sure the GTR can't hit 190+mph or whatever the Z06 can top speed. Also with a little bit better tires on the Z06 will be hard to beat in the 1/4 mile test.

Now.. Having four seats and being able to hang with the top dogs is a definte plus, Now turn up the boost a little and the GTR will be a beast... Plus it is easier for the average guy to get good 1/4 ETs...

from what ive read the GTR has a higher top end than the z06 as is closer to the zr1.

I like to go by nurbergring times to judge cars because that track is everything, huge straights, high speed turns tight turns... the GTR only lost to the ZR1 by a few seconds and totally destroyed the z06... only place i would think a z06 would win is from a 40mph roll.

and finally, fact is I would take the z06 over the GTR anyday, i wont drive a car without a real stick shift.

16kOrBust

Established Member
The only thing the GTR has going for it in this competition is the AWD, in my opinion. Not that I'd want an AWD car when I could have a RWD car like a C6 Z06.

BLOWNLS3

Established Member

GTR top speed = 193 mph

Z06 = 198 MPH

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
from what ive read the GTR has a higher top end than the z06 as is closer to the zr1.

I like to go by nurbergring times to judge cars because that track is everything, huge straights, high speed turns tight turns... the GTR only lost to the ZR1 by a few seconds and totally destroyed the z06..

First, you read wrong. The Z06 has a higher top end.

Secondly the ZR1 is on MUCH BETTER rubber than the Z06 was and that makes a big difference on the ring times. I understand that is GM's fault for putting such crap tires on such a high performance car. It does affect times though and the GTR's run at the ring was on much better Dunlap tires. Also the GTR ring time has tonsss of controversy surrounding it. I am not saying I think its false or true because it's really all just speculation unless you were there in the car and can verify it was a stock car and stock street tires. I cannot so I take it with a grain of salt. Both are awesome cars in my opinion.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
I hardly belive that GM would have slacked on the tires they put on for an official lap of nurbergring, thats no excuses to me, it ran what it ran, but I wont magazine argue, its pointless.

i retract my statment on the gtr's topspeed, i sure did misread that.

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
I hardly belive that GM would have slacked on the tires they put on for an official lap of nurbergring, thats no excuses to me, it ran what it ran, but I wont magazine argue, its pointless.

i retract my statment on the gtr's topspeed, i sure did misread that.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. However fact is fact, if GM felt they "slacked" on the tire or not is irrelevant. They ran that lap on stock runflats and it certainly hurt the time. Any C6 Z06 owners that auto cross or run laps ALWAYS change the tires first. Just the way it is. :beer: ZR1 and GTR have superior rubber and that is not an excuse it's just the truth.

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
I picked the GTR, Love both cars. I seen my first Nissan GTR aweek ago and it was white. The car is amazing in person, And just plain ass sexy. I would love to have the money to buy one, And im sure once people start putting mods on.. The thing is gonna be a beast, Im sure we will see tons of videos of these racing on streets and so on

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I ran a GTR , twice, at the track recently with my pulley/CAI/exhaust GT500. I was pulling about 6 car lengths on him by the end of the 1/4. He was turning 11.9 @121ish to my 11.2 and 11.3's @127ish.

He said he wanst launching it hard. I believed him.
Neither was I.

They are fast for sure. But not as fast as a C6Z. Or a pullied GT500 for that matter. ;-)

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
These cars are OK but I think there slow for 80,000k and two turbos.

Slow? You must have very high standards. It's been proven already that a stock GT-R runs high 11's @ 120 mph not using launch control. Not to mention a top speed of 195 mph. I wanna see a GT500 do that stock.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a8YSUotXho"]YouTube - GT-R Hits 190+ MPH! - 2009 Nissan GT-R Top Speed Run[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread