09 Gt500/ Full Bolt on or go to TVS? Opinions please/Undecided

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
I agree that is plenty for the street --- thus, that is/was my goal. I also wanted to stick with pump gas/oem block/no cams or headers. You can reach those goals easily w/ any TVS blower. New trinity cost???no idea but you can buy them from Ford ... but at that cost just get a VMP2 or VMP2R.
What's the difference between the vmp2 and vmp2r?

V8Flexin

Established Member
What's the difference between the vmp2 and vmp2r?
Redesigned rear inlet into the blower for improved efficiency and power when pullied down.

I want to see the prices of the 2650 before deciding on a new blower which is said to be releasing soon.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Redesigned rear inlet into the blower for improved efficiency and power when pullied down.

I want to see the prices of the 2650 before deciding on a new blower which is said to be releasing soon.

That's good to know as I may wait then...maybe do the injectors...mid pipe...and long tubes. When did they say it will be released?

V8Flexin

Established Member
That's good to know as I may wait then...maybe do the injectors...mid pipe...and long tubes. When did they say it will be released?
Vmp said 2nd quarter and will likely be the first to release for our cars. Roush, Magnuson, and a couple others have kits ready to drop for the coyote as that's a bigger potential sales market. There's a YouTube video about the unveiling from Eaton. They claim to out perform the 2.9 but likely only below 21psi.

On a side note I wonder which manufacturer is going to drop it in a production car first. Likely dodge and gm as ford looks to be going twin turbo.

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Vmp said 2nd quarter and will likely be the first to release for our cars. Roush, Magnuson, and a couple others have kits ready to drop for the coyote as that's a bigger potential sales market. There's a YouTube video about the unveiling from Eaton. They claim to out perform the 2.9 but likely only below 21psi.

On a side note I wonder which manufacturer is going to drop it in a production car first. Likely dodge and gm as ford looks to be going twin turbo.

Thanks man for all of the info...I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread