09 Cobalt SS > 5.0 Mustang GT

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
Cruising home last night with my buddy in his 09 Cobalt SS and we ran into a new 5.0 mustang. The mods on the cobalt are catless down pipe, front mount ic, and a 28psi tune. The mustang at least had an exhaust maybe an intake, we couldnt find out because the guy was seemingly so pissed that he turned off immediately. Anyway back to the story, we pull up next to this goldish 5.0 with this a guy and his buddy in the passenger seat and they both have this cocky look on their face like oh yea this is gonna be an easy kill. When we get next to them the guy starts blipping his throttle revving at us etc. until my buddy down shifts into 2nd and lays a heater through 2nd lol. So we finally get clear road ahead of us, the first run from like 40 the mustang takes the hit we were even through 2nd even though the cobalt was spinning we hit 3rd and we pull about half car then the stang lets off. Next run again from 40 my buddy this time brake boosted in 3rd we honked it off and immediately pull 1.5 cars through 3rd and hit 4th and pull another 1-2 cars till about 120. We would have liked to find out what was done to the stang but he turned off, presumably back to the dealership lol.:burnout:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Good kill- but for a supposed Cobra owner you sure sound like you're hating on Ford a bit? And really, because he got beat by a Cobalt he's going to trade his new 5.0 in? Yeah- because who wouldn't want a Cobalt over the new 5.0 right????

What's up with all the Ford guys drinking GM koolaid lately? Is there a full moon or something?

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
28 PSI in the TC/SS is making close to 400 at the wheel. I honestly expected better from the SS with the mods he had. 5.0 held his own IMO

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill. My nephew owned a Cobalt, honestly I was impressed with it for a SC 4 banger. However, If I owned that 5.0 my next stop would be JPC performance shop. Then a rematch.:burnout:

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
Good kill- but for a supposed Cobra owner you sure sound like you're hating on Ford a bit? And really, because he got beat by a Cobalt he's going to trade his new 5.0 in? Yeah- because who wouldn't want a Cobalt over the new 5.0 right????

What's up with all the Ford guys drinking GM koolaid lately? Is there a full moon or something?

first it was a joke about getting beat by a cobalt in the brand new stang also the stang was acting like a dbag and like he was gonna rape the cobalt, and no hate on ford i love my cobra and all but i just picked up an 09 cobalt ss for a dd. if ford had the same kind of offering i would have gotten that but they dont have it yet. direct injection with a turbo the thing is a blast to drive and it still gets around 30mpg.

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
yes but it isnt out yet, and it will be more expensive than i can afford. used with 12k miles on mine i paid 20k including taxes and whatever fees they charge

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
The tc/ss are no joke! My good friend has one with similar boltons to the car you describe and puts down 380lb/ft of tq! Very formidable car, And the best part is nobody ever expects it to be as quick as it is which always leads to priceless faces being left on the opposing driver.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Good kill. Whenever I race a guy and they don't want to talk after it always surprises me. Some guys don't realize there is always someone faster yet....

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
When I get beat I always at least give a thumbs up, I just don't get it when people get all butt hurt about it

I would be pissed too. But 28 psi is no joke...Wonder how long the engine will last at 28psi?

Not sure how rev'ing at you and looking confident is being a D-Bag?? But i wasn't there

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
They come stock with forged internals like our cars do so the motor should be fine. If thats the stock turbo though the turbo wont last long at that boost. My wife has an 08 cobalt ss/tc full bolt ons and lays a Hurt on a lot of cars. Including the new 5.0 and the new camaro ss. Anyways nice kill

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Good friend wants to like me up with a SS cobalt pushing 30psi with aftermarket clutch. I hear those badboys can run. Good Kill BTW!

Users who are viewing this thread