08 gt500 heat exchanger install ?????

Jax_svt

Established Member
I recently purchased an Afro dual pass heat exchanger with fans off of this forum. I received it a couple days ago and I started my install yesterday. Pretty easy install I thought until I ran into were to mount the inter cooler pump. For some reason the unit didn't come with the two studs that are welded to the top of the heat exchanger. I got in touch with the guy I bought the unit from and he told me that his pump was mounted on the driver side on the side of the bumper support. He also told me to check out the vmp website for the install video were they show the pump mounted like that, well I checked and there is a video but no side mounted pump. If anybody has ran into this issue and has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!!! My first thought was to just go down to the local welder and have a bracket made. But before I spend the money I thought I would check and see if anyone mounted there pump that way.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Thats not an issue, you just bought VMP triple pass H/E made by Afco.
I have the same unit and it came with a Z bracket to relocate the pump to the driver side, it also came with an electrical extension with fuses and relays for the fans, and a heater hose.

Kinda like this
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-cooling/13hekit/

The difference is the electrical extension.
The best option is to call VMP if you're missing the parts.

Users who are viewing this thread