08 5.4 3v S/C install

BlkY2k

Established Member
Hey guys, I have friend of mine here that has asked me to do some research for him. He wants to install a s/c but hasn`t really made up his mind yet. Whipple or Rousch?
I`ve done some searching and it looks to me like the whipple puts down better #s. Does anybody have any suggestions? He wants to do the exhaust and e-fan at the same time also.
Does anyone have a recomendation on a installer or tuner around the Mi area also. Thanks

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Hey guys, I have friend of mine here that has asked me to do some research for him. He wants to install a s/c but hasn`t really made up his mind yet. Whipple or Rousch?
I`ve done some searching and it looks to me like the whipple puts down better #s. Does anybody have any suggestions? He wants to do the exhaust and e-fan at the same time also.
Does anyone have a recomendation on a installer or tuner around the Mi area also. Thanks

The Whipple will make more power because it is a larger and more efficient compressor. The Whipple is a 2.3L twin screw blower, while the Roush uses the same M112 (1.8L) Roots blower that came stock on the '99-'04 Lightning. The Roush is usually a little cheaper.

Both kits come with a safe tune and excellent driveability. Roush does a great deal of Ford's OEM tuning and the Whipple comes with a Ford Racing tune (which may have been influenced by Roush as well). Your friend will be very happy with either kit, as they both will produce more power than the rear wheels can plant.

Both of these kits can be installed at home if you want to try it yourself. If you don't, my favorite shop in Michigan is Paul's High Performance. He's a Mustang guy, but would probably be willing to help with the Ford truck as well. He has a Dynojet and can provide before and after results... and custom tuning if desired.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread