08-09 Bullitt carry over upgrades to 10 GT

PeteDinMA

Established Member
Need an expert to clear some things up for me regarding what made its way from the S-197 Bullitts to the 2010 GT.

From Jalopnik "Here's something else I find really cool: Ford's engineers worked hard to tune this Bullitt's exhaust to make it sound like McQueen's famous '68 fastback" I read somewhere that Ford spent a lot of money doing this!

Are the exhaust systems and sound of the 2010 GTs the same as the late model Bullitts? Is the tune the same as the Bullitts? I know they both have factory cold air induction but those are in fact different set ups but both put out a factory rated 315 hp.

Thanks,
Pete

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
The stock bullitt h-pipe has a small quarter size metal piece welded into the h section to tune the sound. This with the mufflers gives it its tone.

As for the 315hp rating, im assuming its because of the tune as the factory 2010 GT induction system was extremely efficient also.

PeteDinMA

Established Member
Mufflers and welded piece are the differences! I think I read a while back some where that the 10 GT tune was FRPP that was the same as the Bullitt.

Thanks for your prompt response Kevin!

night rider

Established Member
And to get to 315 hp on the 08 bullitt and 2010 gt the redline is up to 6500 rpm. 05 to 09 redline is 6250 rpm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread