07 Z06 vs KB 04 Cobra!!

black2003svt

Established Member
Been trying to catch this guy out for some time now and this morning it happened. I was on my way home and seen him headed toward me (they look so mean from the front) made a quick U turn and cought up with him down the road. He is in front of me getting on it a little so I think cool he wants to go :pepper: At the next light I pull beside him in the turn lane to see if he wants to run. Before I can say anything he says in a cocky voice "why dont you follow me" I said I plan on it so when the light changes let me go in front of you. We hit the next light which is a double turn lane to a 2 lane highway :D We talk for a min and agree to go from 40 mph on 3. The light changes and we roll out on the highway and get up to 40mph I honk 3 times and we are off. I pulled him about 3-4 cars and I let out of it about 115 ish. I slow down to let him catch up and he does not look to happy:mj: I told him nice car and thanks for the run he just gave a smirk and a nod. I think he was stock. My car has a 2.4 crower stage 3 cams 18lbs. makes 640 rwhp. Im not a GM guy at all but the new Z is just BAD. This is the second Z I have ran the other was a older Z and both guys were very cocky. What is up with that:shrug: All well I guess it makes them more fun to play with.

magred

Established Member
I'll tell you why they are cocky. They are driving a Z06. It takes "modded" cars to be able to compete with them. It is truly amazing when you think of what Ford, Chevrolet, and Dodge have brought to the market.

black2003svt

Established Member
You dont have to be cocky you could be confident. My car will rape most of the cars in the area and I dont act cocky. The first Z I ran the guy rolled his eyes at me when I pulled up next to him.

bonestocksvt

Established Member
black2003svt said:
I think a lot of them dont know about the 03/04 cobras :shrug:
I have to disagree, they do know what cobras are. Thats exactly why they are cocky, because every z owner knows that a stock cobra can't hang with a z. In this case he was in for a ~600HP ++++ Suprise. :-D ..

black2003svt

Established Member
mustangbee said:
3 cars? damn. those Zs are badass considering you had almost 200whp more...
It was prob closer to 4 and I was still pulling. The Z is a bad ass car though. Put a blower on it :eek:

black2003svt

Established Member
bonestocksvt said:
I have to disagree, they do know what cobras are. Thats exactly why they are cocky, because every z owner knows that a stock cobra can't hang with a z. In this case he was in for a ~600HP ++++ Suprise. :-D ..
I think a small % do but the majority of them think "just another mustang":bash:

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
wow, they have a guy that lives up the street from me with a 07 Z06 sprayin a 125 shot. He wants to race my buddys ford GT, but the GT is only putin down like 655. Who knows?

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Yes I am currently having thoughts of getting a new C6 ZO6 right now an doing H/C/I and full exhaust. That or a viper, but my girl said she likes the vette more so I'll consider her input. :lol1:

Good kill to the OP.:beer:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
Most people act cocky when they 'know' they have the faster car. I see people in mustangs/cobras act like that all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread