07 Trailblazer SS

ff500

Established Member
Anyone own one of these or have any opinions on them ? I'm going to look at one tomorrow, its got the 6.0 and its awd, its got 37,000 miles on it. They're looking for about 19K for it.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
I just sold my06..... I will sum it up.. Ahhhh, it's alright. Transmissions are junk, put my 2wd into a ditch, they r squirrelly. I sold it for $6,000 w54k it had a big scrape down the side, from me not paying attention! I would not buy another.. I tried combining speed, and practicality together. The truck wasn't fast enough for speed, and not practical enough for dd. ask away if you have specific questions

Last edited:

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
I had a 2006 AWD I bought new and kept for a little over a year. Sold it to a good friend of mine who still has it & drives it daily. It's been a great SUV. They are fun to drive. They make decent power in stock form and the mod market for them is pretty big.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I have an 07 awd....not a bad truck but horrible on gas. It tows very well though and it's quick for what it is.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Had a 08 AWD 3SS.
Was fun, got about 13mpg. Was comfortable. Ran 14.0 bone stock

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Don't get it for gas mileage, it sucks. Had a black 06 3ss. Great vehicle, sold it when gas originally went to $4 bucks as I was driving 100 miles a day. I'd buy another.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
id love to get one for a DD but the mpg is WAY too miserable on them. they are sick though! :coolman:

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
They are decent trucks. I really like sport truck/SUV's though so I may be biased. I had a 04 Lightning and a 07 TBSS at the same time. Both were fun to drive, but the TBSS has a ton of room and despite the interiors not being super nice materials they have nice options (leather/suede insert seats, heated seats, DVD, etc). Mine pulled a jet ski fine, but gas was pretty bad in it. 13-15 mpg mixed and ran 93octane.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I had a regular trailblazer with the 4.2, but I've driven a few TB SS's.

They're fun vehicles to drive and pretty comfortable. Gas milage isn't anything to brag about though. Go test drive one and see what you think.

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
How much is your jeep rated to tow? :dancenana:

JeepSRT8Boat02.jpg

:coolman:

ff500

Established Member
I test drove an srt8 and it was quick( reminded me of my 99 lightning I had ), there was 3 of them I was looking at but all 3 were sold and also about 10K to 15k more. I didn't get a chance to look at the tbss, plan on going tomorrow to test drive.

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
I test drove an srt8 and it was quick( reminded me of my 99 lightning I had ), there was 3 of them I was looking at but all 3 were sold and also about 10K to 15k more. I didn't get a chance to look at the tbss, plan on going tomorrow to test drive.
Yea, the Jeeps tend to be higher. But unless things have changed, if you compare a similarly equipped TBSS, they aren't too far apart. The good thing about the SS, though, is you can get them with fewer options bringing down the price.

Users who are viewing this thread