07 supersnake rims fit on a 2014 gt500

Andrew33

Established Member
hello!

someone was kind enough to give me some of the 2 piece 2007 supernake rims. I was wondering if anyone knew if they will fit onto my 2014 gt500. It has the sway bar in the rear and upgraded shocks, i believe its called the track pack. I put them on but they seemed pretty tight in some areas. thanks for the help

andrew

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Please post a photo of the rim. I'm not aware of a 2 piece SS rim, especially in 2007. Alcoas were SS rims from 07-12. 13-14 received the Modulare 3 piece rim. Now, conversions for earlier models done after about 2013, regardless of the year, did receive the Modulare rim because they ran out of Alcoas. I'm thinking that is you situation.

Regardless, either rim should fit. If they are the 3 piece rims the fronts will rub your calipers on a 13-14 model. You need a 3 mm spacer.

Tom

Andrew33

Established Member
Here they are right here. Does anyone know what lugs go with these rims? the ones from the gt500 do not fit very well at all

20190228_162123.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes those should fit and are very hard to come by. If you don’t have a real Super Snake I’d recommend selling them and buy whatever wheel you like and put the rest towards mods.
The only close area will be the remote rear shock reservoir which is actually part of the rear shock.
Nice find.
-J

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Here they are right here. Does anyone know what lugs go with these rims? the ones from the gt500 do not fit very well at all

View attachment 1746664
You cannot use stock lug nuts with those.

And those are 3 piece, not 2 piece, reverse mount wheels to be specific

But ya, if your cars not a real Super Snake, I wouldn't install.

With that being said, if you have a complete set I'll buy the wheels if your interested in selling. I'll pay way above regular market value.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1746664
Shelby used a couple different lug nuts on the super snake rims. The lug nuts on the left rim look like the one's used on my 2013 Widebody SS Rims. They will work. The problem is getting the right socket so you dont damage these rims.

2013-ford-shelby-mustang-gt500-super-snake.jpg
2013-ford-shelby-mustang-gt500-super-snake (1).jpg

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
DSCN7770.JPG

I'm running these rims on my 2014. Those are Ford Racing Springs also, otherwise stock. 315/35 and 275/35.

You need tuner lug nuts. To do it 100% accurate they need to be different depths but I didn't worry about it. This image and part number is from McGuard.

Also, you MUST run a 3 mm spacer on the front. These rims came on the SS and they had Wilwood brakes. They rub on the Brembos. I got spacers off of ebay.

DSCN8593.JPG

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1746853

I'm running these rims on my 2014. Those are Ford Racing Springs also, otherwise stock. 315/35 and 275/35.

You need tuner lug nuts. To do it 100% accurate they need to be different depths but I didn't worry about it. This image and part number is from McGuard.

Also, you MUST run a 3 mm spacer on the front. These rims came on the SS and they had Wilwood brakes. They rub on the Brembos. I got spacers off of ebay.

View attachment 1746854
Im going to look into to these as another option for my SS rims. Thanks for sharing @tomshep

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
SAI only lists ( 1 ) part # on their SS conversion build sheets for lug nuts, this is why the front wheels always look odd.

These are the correct lengths, & Gorilla has them in black..

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Someone just gave them to you? I need new friends.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Someone just gave them to you? I need new friends.

I've been talking to the OP. I won't put his personal stuff out there, but fwiw, it's not like the sombody that he got them from just, dropped em off n the yard and said "Heres some wheels" lmfao!

I have friends that give me free stuff all the time, wheels, hoods, and even burning sensations the day after when I go pee

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread