07 Shelby Paint

Regulars520

Established Member
So the 07 has a few blemishes and I'm planning on doing a media blast and repaint of the whole car and keeping the stripes off. The stock color is Torch Red however I have been contemplating going with race red. However I have never seen race red in person, just through photos. Anybody ever seen the two together before? Which do you think shows better?

JW03

Established Member
I have owned both a torch red and race red and in my opinion race red is far superior. It has more of an orange tint to it than torch red.

With that being said... I would paint your GT500 back torch red because that is the color it came from the factory. Maybe I'm old school, but I want things to appear original on the exterior.

Regulars520

Established Member
I have owned both a torch red and race red and in my opinion race red is far superior. It has more of an orange tint to it than torch red.

With that being said... I would paint your GT500 back torch red because that is the color it came from the factory. Maybe I'm old school, but I want things to appear original on the exterior.

I like staying original too, but I dont plan on getting rid of the car anytime soon. I think I want to go for something that pleases me more than worrying about resale, etc... but I am still on the fence because I will have to fade from race red to torch red on the jambs, etc... if I do a color change

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Race Red is a bit brighter, but it definitely pops in the the sunlight. While there is a difference, it wouldnt be enough for me to change the color.

Users who are viewing this thread