07 Shelby GT500 39,999 NEW

ZeroFear

Banned
don't be mad at the Ford dealerships, be mad at the RETARDED people who buy a heavy ass mustang with a supercharger for 70,000. A car is worth as much as someone will pay.... its just sad they are paying out the ass for something that should be 38 - 40K at most. In about 2-3 years all these uber expensive mustangs will be dirt cheap compared to what they paid brand new.

pack018

Established Member
it almost 08, and dealers have left over 07's sooner or later they will come down to msrp as supply becomes greater than demand......ecomomics will win out

I'm noticing the same thing... it's only a matter of time, seeing how bad the ecomony is getting along with gas prices and everything else that's going on...

tjs98gt

Established Member
don't be mad at the Ford dealerships, be mad at the RETARDED people who buy a heavy ass mustang with a supercharger for 70,000. A car is worth as much as someone will pay.... its just sad they are paying out the ass for something that should be 38 - 40K at most. In about 2-3 years all these uber expensive mustangs will be dirt cheap compared to what they paid brand new.

exactly, its all the dumb ****s fault who actually accept it and pay those costs. if no one was willing to pay the ridiculous amount they are asking each and every time a limited production car comes out then the dealers wouldnt be doing it

goingup

Established Member
Shelby and for only have a deal to make the GT500 for 07 & 08.
who really knows what they will do after that.

sweetcoupe93

Established Member
I understand what you all are complaining about. And I guess I am one of the foolish ones that have made your point. But we are middle class working people and wanted to own a true collectable Mustang. We paid over MSRP but refused to pay what the dealer was asking- you still can negotiate the price regardless what the dealerships are saying. We got the dealer we bought from to come down over $4000. It doesn't sound like much but we ended up paying $13,000 less than what the dealer across town was asking! And we did not walk in with cash, we had to finance.
And regardless of the contract Shelby has with Ford, he is 85-86 years old. I really hate to bring it up, but I can't see Shelby making these cars for much longer. Although he is crazy and will probably be shifting gears til the end!
Another point- I am kind of glad that this much hipe is being made over the Mustang. It's about time some value is placed on something other than a Vette! At least the marked up price is still less than MSRP on the new Vettes. In fact, there was a guy here local that paid $100,000 for one of the new Vettes. What a waste of money! So the mark up is not the reason for the share pricing difference. I thinks it's because up until recently, Ford has forced us to spend a fortune on after market parts to compete and we were getting tired of it! This is coming from someone who currently owns four Mustangs, so don't think I am Ford bashing- it's just the truth. I love my Fords, especially my Mustangs. I am just really glad that Ford has stepped up and given us at least the option to buy a competitive car- even if the dealerships are taking avantage of it.

Users who are viewing this thread