07 Shelby GT500 39,999 NEW

91frppgt

Banned
hey guys, just wanting to tell ya what i saw in the Houston Chronicle...

Southern Ford had advertised a new Shelby GT500 for 39,999.

They said there was only 1 black one in stock, coupe. I called them today, and they told me it was still there. Somethings gotta be wrong with it, or the dealer's forgetting something...

Last edited:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Sounds like a shelby gt instead of the gt500. That seems to be the approx ballpark where they seem to be advertised at. Plus the 07 S-GT only came in black or white. At least you can get a pretty blue and silver one in 2008.

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
we have a brand new '08 shelby gt500 black with charcoal stripes and the owner said he will take no less than $12,500 over msrp. msrp is 46k. car is in NM. thanks...

redline

Established Member
sounds like highway robbery to me. they are selling them here alot less than that

ml504

Established Member
we have a brand new '08 shelby gt500 black with charcoal stripes and the owner said he will take no less than $12,500 over msrp. msrp is 46k. car is in NM. thanks...

I hope you really like it because it won't be going anywhere soon for that price. What a joke.

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
the '07 went for 10k over msrp. there are alot of them in the midwestern states going for 15 to 20k over. which yeah is way too much money. besides, i'm not the one who put the price on it so relax. i'm not dumb enough to pay that much for a car my ls1 would walk all over..........stock of course, lol.

Last edited:

evlcobra

Established Member
They probably meant GT350 or whatever that other Shelby is.

well said, they Ford Dealers cant move them over priced shets. zero apr is even offered now

Last edited:

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
In chicago the dealers were asking 20k over and not budging.. They sat and sold for 5k over MSRP These dealers are rediculous. Greedy bastards thats all they are...

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Yeah tell me about it I was looking at one by my house that was used with 3,200 miles on it and the dealer was still asking $51,000 for it. Don't get me wrong I like the cars but they are not worth the price brand new let alone used.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
it almost 08, and dealers have left over 07's sooner or later they will come down to msrp as supply becomes greater than demand......ecomomics will win out

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
and another sad this is that its not just the dealers. i work over seas, and went to "AAFES" cause they have a great deal for soldiers to buy cars at dealer prices. so i ask, can you get me a gt500. the guy said, nope, we dont offer SVT from ford. but he could get me an optioned out GT for around 23k.
like you guys said, sooner or later, they will drop prices cause they got to move the 07's out, and make room for the 08's. and then there going to be forced to drop prices.
oh, and go check there stock prices too. 7.19 a share. compared to GM at 28.00 a share.
i think alot of people are on to ford and the dealers cause of the mark up on these cars, but people keep paying the price for them, but wait till they crash one, and its totaled. there only going to get the MSRP for it, not the 20k in dealer mark ups. i feel sorry for the sucker they sell them too.

Users who are viewing this thread