07 S197 vs New Camaro

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
So this happened Saturday night after the car show. I was heading home on the interstate which is 3 lanes wide in one direction and 3 going in the other direction. I was in the middle lane with cruise control set to the speed limit which is 70mph. Randomly I see some HIDs coming off of an on ramp pretty fast and decides to come right up to my rear bumper. I guess he recognized me rear lights and though he was going to get an easy kill. So he rides my butt for a minute or so then gets in the left lane and slowly pulls up to me. I hear a sweet exhaust note when he downshifts so I acknowledge by throwing it into 3rd but as soon as I down shift, he floors it and gets his rear quarter to my fender. I floored it also and started reeling him in pretty good. I had to shift into 4th so I know we were doing well over 110 and by than I was a good 3 lengths in front of him. We shut down and I go back down speed limit and set cruise control. The Camaro comes up pretty quickly again with the windows rolled down and I see his passenger cracking up, pointing at the driver and the driver smacking the passengers hands away. They get in front of the do speed limit also. A mile or 2 down the road, they decide to get next to me again. This time, they were on my right side and I hear them down shift again so i follow suit. This time I go to do the 3 honks but they take off on the 1st so I have to play catch up again and we have the same out come as the first time. They decide to slow down to about 60ish and wave me down to stay with them. Little do they know that at around 60, I can down shift to 2nd and that puts me at my peak power and pulls like a mofo. So anyway, this time he does the 3 honks, jumps in between the 2nd and 3rd honk but I take off like a bat out of hell and leave them in the dust. I shut it down, they wave me down and the guy screams that he missed a gear. We do it again with me in 2nd again and I blow there doors off for the 4th time. They stay behind me for atleast 10 miles and as there exit comes up, they honk, flash and give me the peace sign. Cool funny guys. Im sure the driver didnt downshift into the right gear when we did our 60ish pulls but either way, i walked them pretty good at several different speeds. I know they had atleast some sort of exhaust mod since it sounded awesome. Deff not stock. I wish I had a GO PRO cam so I can get the far and few in between races. I hope to get one for Christmas.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good kill. You must be running low boost to only be pushing 400rwhp.

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
Good kill. You must be running low boost to only be pushing 400rwhp.
Im around 8-9 psi. The 418/401 in my sig was before headers, o/r X and new tune.
Thinking the same but I do notice alot of 3v with small whips not making alot power espically in the TQ department. Good kill OP.
lol you guys are to used to seeing crazy numbers with your Terminators. Remember the 3v would need to be built in order to run as much boost as you guys can and make good power. 550whp is pushing it on the stock block. You guys make that by just putting good gas in it lol

All of you guys above have some sick rides!!!

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice runs OP. I probably would have stopped after the second run. actually 450rwhp is pushing it on your block. Anything higher than that and it's a hand grenade ready to pop at anytime. Same with my Lightning. I'm at 413rwhp and 525rwhp and don't want to crank up the power till i get a new/built short block.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Nice runs OP. I probably would have stopped after the second run. actually 450rwhp is pushing it on your block. Anything higher than that and it's a hand grenade ready to pop at anytime. Same with my Lightning. I'm at 413rwhp and 525rwhp and don't want to crank up the power till i get a new/built short block.

Not necessarily true. It's all in the tune and supporting mods. I made 501/582 on the stock long block and went as fast as 11.46 @ 119 in my Lightning with no issues.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
She has a camaro, so she must be sarcastic. She knows what happens in the streets when she runs into a mustang :burn:

She's also got a TT GTO, a GT500, and a dozen other cars too.

Have a feeling she is being sarcastic, if not, well, hope she has her flamesuit on.

PS - Why is she out of the kitchen? Must have not only a rich husband, but a nice one to allow that. :-D

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Im around 8-9 psi. The 418/401 in my sig was before headers, o/r X and new tune.

lol you guys are to used to seeing crazy numbers with your Terminators. Remember the 3v would need to be built in order to run as much boost as you guys can and make good power. 550whp is pushing it on the stock block. You guys make that by just putting good gas in it lol

All of you guys above have some sick rides!!!

The most I would put on a stock 3v is 480ish rwhp. The reason I made my early statement is that I know other 3v with the same whip but their tq numbers just seemed low even on 8-10 psi. Just figure with a blower those 3v would make good tq is all, like over 450rwhp mark.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Centri blown cars don't make a lot of torque on the 3V motor unless you are running high boost. The most I'd safely go is 450 rwhp which the motor will handle without issue.

400ish is normal for a low boost car.

My 07 GT with a vortech, no intercooler, 8 psi, auto, stocker headers makes 407 rwhp. My 05 that is pushing 8 psi as well, same blower setup makes 444rwhp through a manual.

A 400 rwhp 3V will definitely pull a stock or even bolt on SS decently. I manage to pull a H/C + bolt on 2010 SS by a couple of cars to 100-110. He claimed 473 rwhp.

Good race OP.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I thought boosted 3v Stangs would make a lot more power than that. I don't see a 400-450whp '05-'10 Mustang pulling a h/c SS on the highway. From a dig yes.

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
Nice kill. But why waste your time and gas, not to mention risk your license & life on 3 more races that you know you're going to win?

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I thought boosted 3v Stangs would make a lot more power than that. I don't see a 400-450whp '05-'10 Mustang pulling a h/c SS on the highway. From a dig yes.

Depends on the tune and setup.

I'm a pretty good driver, have full bolt ons and the biggest thing that helps me in the highway are my 4.10 gears.

Users who are viewing this thread