07 PJ Saleen - Good Kill, Good Death

PACETTR

Established Member
So with 9k miles on my PJ, I have had VERY little in the way of street action, the most notable a couple of LS2 Goats that I handled.

I'm driving from the old house to the new house and come to a stop at a red light heading S. I notice a yellow C6Z06 at the Westbound light waiting to turn S. My light turns green and I don't think any more about the Z.

I come up to the next light (red) behind a silver 3v GT with a cocky vanity plate (UDLOSE or some such nonsense) waiting to turn right. I was also turning right, so after making the turn behind him, I notice that he is going slow. I gladly change lanes to get up beside him, and promptly deliver a swift car or two from ~ 20-80. As I begin to approach traffic and start to shut it down, the GT does a BEAUTIFUL ricer fly-by, and I notice in my rear-view mirror, barreling towards me like a freight train...

...it's the Z06. He gets beside me and we both slow down to ~ 20, and both hit at about the same time. He pulls 1-1.5 cars to ~ 60 or 70 where we both had to shut it down.

All in all, I was happy with the result of both, and I believe both were the expected outcomes. Maybe a little better than expected vs the z06.

Now where's that damn Supershaker...:read:

er22bball0302

Established Member
Nice kill and death. Ive ran that same silver gt also, im surprised i havent run into that pj yet. I think i may have seen you ( your pj) at the yukon walmart parking lot some night a few weeks ago. I drive a blacked out cobra.

281CJ

Established Member
well a PJ is a 400hp 5.0 Modular if i remember right, God....they are the ONLY 05+ that that I would buy.

PACETTR

Established Member
Nice kill and death. Ive ran that same silver gt also, im surprised i havent run into that pj yet. I think i may have seen you ( your pj) at the yukon walmart parking lot some night a few weeks ago. I drive a blacked out cobra.
Didn't know you were in Yukon. I was at the Wally; think I saw your car when I left. PM me on DH sometime.
What are the specs on your car? Nice races.
See below and add Kooks LT,s, o/r H, and JDM tune...
well a PJ is a 400hp 5.0 Modular if i remember right, God....they are the ONLY 05+ that that I would buy.

Thanks...I think...:??:

16kOrBust

Established Member
Nice car and good races. That Z06 race sounds alright for the specs you're telling me. They are geared for top end and way down low aren't nearly as impressive as when they hit 90+ mph, where they start running like a freakin freight train. Not taking anything away from them; I love those cars more than anything, but their top end performance completely outshadows their low speed acceleration. I ran one on my current setup from 5mph or so into the bottom of third, maybe 65-70 mph or so because of the bad area. He only had about a half a car, but I could tell he was about to start running away like a madman.

Last edited:

exdeath

Established Member
Nice car and good races. That Z06 race sounds alright for the specs you're telling me. They are geared for top end and way down low aren't nearly as impressive as when they hit 90+ mph, where they start running like a freakin freight train. Not taking anything away from them; I love those cars more than anything, but their top end performance completely outshadows their low speed acceleration. I ran one on my current setup from 5mph or so into the bottom of third, maybe 65-70 mph or so because of the bad area. He only had about a half a car, but I could tell he was about to start running away like a madman.

Sounds like traction control to me :lol1:

281CJ

Established Member
Didn't know you were in Yukon. I was at the Wally; think I saw your car when I left. PM me on DH sometime.

See below and add Kooks LT,s, o/r H, and JDM tune...

Thanks...I think...:??:

Its a compliment HAHA they are the ONLY 05+ that I feel was done right. If they made more of them and called them a Mach1 I'd own one.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
My dad has one #287. That car is amazing to drive. I'd love to hear a sound clip of your car if you have one. Oh and the supershaker you know they are only making like 25 for the PJ?? And they are in the upwards of 8-10k!! I think my dads numbers 17 or something on that list. Nice kill. Have you encountered a GT-500 yet??

PACETTR

Established Member
My dad has one #287. That car is amazing to drive. I'd love to hear a sound clip of your car if you have one. Oh and the supershaker you know they are only making like 25 for the PJ?? And they are in the upwards of 8-10k!! I think my dads numbers 17 or something on that list. Nice kill. Have you encountered a GT-500 yet??

Check YouTube for a JDM vid of one with similar setup as mine, except it has an x-pipe.

No GT500's yet, but I'm sure I need the Supershaker to stay with one in a straight line. Road course would be a different story though...:bigsmile:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea the straightline might be a different story. My dad took one on a roadcoarse this summer it was pretty awesome to watch :thumbsup:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's a screw type s/c made for the car's with a shaker hood on it. The shaker is fully functional. Saleen has gotten power levels ranging from 500-700hp. It's really special for the Parnelli Jones cars because they have a high compression motor and high compression motors don't like screw type motors so they have to keep the boost low. They are only making 25 Supershakers for the PJ, and they will be re serialized for 1of500 PJ's and 1of25 factory S/C'ed. It's an amazing system that they came up with for the Shaker to be functional. It's like the ram air right into the s/c! The supersharkers will also come on the Heritage cars as an option I believe with there 5.0 stroker motor. You can youtube it.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Nice kill and death. So does anyone know the mods on the 3v GT? With a plate like that he should have a lot of mods or at least i would hope he does

Users who are viewing this thread