07 GT500 vs 07 GT

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
07 GT500 vs 07 Whipple GT

I know that I'll probably get flamed for another bench racing thread but I just want some insight from the SVTP experts. Here it is:

So, I am currently in Afcrapistan. While out here I am having a few upgrades done to my car. My car as it sits is exactly how my sig shows(non intercooled Whipple set up @7-8psi, LTs, o/r X, Borla cat back, a few suspension mods, Exedy clutch, 3.55s, and so on)

The upgrades are as follows: Whipple intercooler kit with GT500 fuel system including injectors, BBR stg 1 cams, forged internals, bored .030 over, undecided on what short throw shifter, N2MB WOT Box, and some MTs to replace my Nittos. Im hoping to run around 15-16psi. Maybe make around 600 to the wheels.

Any ways a buddy of mine just got an 07 GT500 and now he is trying to pick on my current set up and talking some pretty good friendly smack. He is telling me that he is going to mop the floor with me once I get back. He doesnt know what Im getting done to the car and Im keeping it that way. Hes never been to the track so I know I have the upper hand there(I hope). So here is the bench racing part. How do you guys think my car will stack up against his? These are his supposed mods:

Steg stg 4 ported blower tb and plenum, jlt 123mm intake, metco 2.6" blower puller w/90mm idler/auxiliary, Steeda Tri-axe,bassani off-road H and bassani cat back

I know he will probably be on stock rubber and Ill be on either some ET streets on 15in rims or 305/35 r18 MTs ET Streets II on my FR500s.

What should this guy optimistically run on stock rubber? ET? Trap speed? What type of whp numbers should he be making with those mods?

Either way win or lose, I'll be racing him as soon as I get back. Maybe a little street action but certainly at the 1/4 mile track. Try not to :burn: me to much over this. I hope everyone had a good holiday season and a happy new years.

Last edited:

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Sounds like a driver race to me. You should consider 3.73s I think they could make the difference.

gearhead08

Established Member
I can tell you one thing you have in common is heatsoak. If your really putting 600 to the wheels then you will rape his stock gt500. 440Whp. The first run. If his is not stock well than its another story. Depending on how much timing is pulled and who gets traction the 2nd one might be a lil closer..

gearhead08

Established Member
Im blind as hell disreguard first post. I completely fd it up by not reading. Should be an interesting race. You are quite a bit lighter

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
lol Im looking forward to this since he thinks that Ill be at my current state like in my sig.

So here are the cliff notes

07 GT500 with Steg stg 4 ported blower tb and plenum, jlt 123mm intake, metco 2.6" blower puller w/90mm idler/auxiliary, Steeda Tri-axe,bassani off-road H and bassani cat back, stock tires

vs

07 GT with Whipple HO kit@15-16lbs(forged internal), LTs, o/r X, Borla cat back, Exedy Mach 500, WOT box, Eibach Pro kit springs, BBR LCAs, drag radials, 3.55s Hopefully around 600whp

Who would have the edge? What power will the GT500 makewith those mods?

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Gt500 should be around 550-560 with those mods.

sent from your mothers vagina while using tapatalk on my s2 galaxy!

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
If the GT500 is on stock rubber he'll be lucky to run high 12's. I say you got him easily. Seems like he has no suspension or tires...

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
Yeah he doesnt have any suspension mods and I know for a fact he doesnt have drag radials. Im wondering how we would do in a roll down in Mexico?

gearhead08

Established Member
I thought ported GT500's made around 600whp. Dunno for sure I am quite curious though. I bet hes in the high 500's for sure. The tires that you have are going to be a night and day difference against him on stock rubber, that crap would spin with 440whp neverless over 100whp more.

Last edited:

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
I also thought ported GT500s made some good power. Where are the GT500 know it alls lol. I know I can just wait and see what happens but Id like to know what is likely to happen once I head back home.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
I thought ported GT500's made around 600whp. Dunno for sure I am quite curious though. I bet hes in the high 500's for sure. The tires that you have are going to be a night and day difference against him on stock rubber, that crap would spin with 440whp neverless over 100whp more.

They do but the GT500 at hand has stock headers.

Also, the GT500 will heat soak after 1 pull due to no cooling mods.

GT for the win!

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
If traction is not a issue then I give the it too the 500. Should be close regardless. Had a friend with the same blower on 16lbs, cams supporting boltons and made 553/553 sae. The gt500 should be 560-580 area.

Last edited by a moderator:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
At the drag traction wins races so you should take him there, from a roll it should be a close run. To give you an idea mods in my sig are sae with a port/upper pulley.

Poppacapp

Established Member
If he is running street tires, you will easily win if you have ET Streets. If he has drag radials, and you are making 600rwhp, if should be close. You weigh less than him.

Just as an example, I made my sig numbers with 2.6 upper, Tune, and Ford racing resonator delete. Everything else stock. The GT500 will make more torque than you though.

A roll race, I think the GT500 would win.

Good luck either way. :beer:

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
At the drag traction wins races so you should take him there, from a roll it should be a close run. To give you an idea mods in my sig are sae with a port/upper pulley.
:fm:

If he is running street tires, you will easily win if you have ET Streets. If he has drag radials, and you are making 600rwhp, if should be close. You weigh less than him.

Just as an example, I made my sig numbers with 2.6 upper, Tune, and Ford racing resonator delete. Everything else stock. The GT500 will make more torque than you though.

A roll race, I think the GT500 would win.

Good luck either way. :beer:

Damn you guys make power so easily. Oh well as long as I dont get mopped. I know he will be the one surprised since he thinks ill be at my mid 400 hp set up. He knows nothing about my new mods. I hope he never makes it onto this site lol

Poppacapp

Established Member
:fm:

Damn you guys make power so easily. Oh well as long as I dont get mopped. I know he will be the one surprised since he thinks ill be at my mid 400 hp set up. He knows nothing about my new mods. I hope he never makes it onto this site lol

Yeah, starting with a forged motor with supercharger helps a little :)

Users who are viewing this thread