07 charger r/t and 92 z28 down and out

vnms96

Established Member
well i was headed home last night and the rock 108 charger r/t flew past me, so i played catch up and we both got caught at the red light. It looked at first like he wasn't going to run me, so i was caught off guard when the light turned green. He took off and a second or so later i did. By the end of first i caught and passed him. the run lasted for a few lights and he just kept getting further and further back. it was a good 7 car space by rear view mirror vision. then today a guy who lives across the street from me was out messing with his camaro, and talkin bout how a performance shop around here built his motor up, and did the gears and all this other kind of stuff. he proceds to tell me that he eats gt's all day long and i told him mine ain't no gt. he says you wanna run em? so him and a friend jump in his car, together they may weigh 300lbs. so me and my buddy hop in the cobra. i'm 200 and he's 350. we go to a spot outside of town and make 2 runs. both of them i launch at 1800rpms takin it easy, by the top of third he's so far back it was like he wasn't even tryin. both runs were the same. we get home and he's really cool bout everything and tells me my car is freakin fast. i was like its not to bad. all in all a couple good kills. oh yea and my car still isn't tuned after the imrc delete.:beer:

DanTheMan18

Established Member
he proceds to tell me that he eats gt's all day long and i told him mine ain't no gt.

That is a factual statement, as long as it's a non-pi, automatic, 'vert GT on running on 7 cylinders.

Nice kills! I unfortunately have been on the recieving side of a similar beating. I used to own a 1992 Camaro RS, and my roommate had a '96 Mystic Cobra, full bolt ons, with 4.30's. He'd take off in first gear, wrap it out, and then hold in the clutch and wait for me to catch up, and then he'd shift it to second and bark the tires when I was right next to him and take off again.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
That is a factual statement, as long as it's a non-pi, automatic, 'vert GT on running on 7 cylinders.

Nice kills! I unfortunately have been on the recieving side of a similar beating. I used to own a 1992 Camaro RS, and my roommate had a '96 Mystic Cobra, full bolt ons, with 4.30's. He'd take off in first gear, wrap it out, and then hold in the clutch and wait for me to catch up, and then he'd shift it to second and bark the tires when I was right next to him and take off again.

It's like you know me!

Except for the 7 cylinders thing.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
lol @ that Camaro kill. Man if I had a friend that weighed 350# he would either be watching on the side of the road or sitting in the back seat so I can rip off the line at 4500rpms

Users who are viewing this thread