07 C6 vs 04 Cobra Vert.

Speednut

Screaming Snake
Established Member
My buddy just purchased a brand new paddle shifted C6 Vette. We went to the track yesterday to have a little fun. I have a heavy ass vert 04 cobra with a K&N filter and Exhaust, everything else stock right down to the tires. Needless to say after three runs he was speechless. Oh and by the way we did a couple of roll ons on the way home and the Cobra once again surprised.

Props to SVT for building such a badass factory car for the money!

Speednut

Screaming Snake
Established Member
The best I ran was a 13.1 here in the lovely hot and humid Florida... The car seems to stay extremely hot betwwen runs. I would probably run a little better if I had patience and could wait long enough for the car to really cool off... But what fun is that!

Last edited:

Drewzilla

Established Member
I'm very suprised in the outcome of that. Is his car a coupe? If so dont they run close to what c5 z06's run? Like mid 12's in the 115ish mph range? Either way a win is a win. Good run!

PilledV8s

Established Member
Speednut said:
The best I ran was a 13.1 here in the lovely hot and humid Florida... The car seems to stay extremely hot betwwen runs. I would probably run a little better if I had patience and could wait long enough for the car to really cool off... But what fun is that!

WOW if he couldn't best a 13.1 with an A6 with paddle shifters, he can't drive. LOL.
A6 = 6spd auto. bone stock, some guys have been going 12.2-12.4s. They are putting up better times at the track than their 6spd manual brothers.
Paddle shifters are an option for the '06+ vettes.

Speednut

Screaming Snake
Established Member
I too was surprised... It is a Targa Top version... Based on the info from Pilled maybe I'll get a pulley and a retune and let him get some more practice : )

StangJason

Established Member
PilledV8s said:
WOW if he couldn't best a 13.1 with an A6 with paddle shifters, he can't drive. LOL.
A6 = 6spd auto. bone stock, some guys have been going 12.2-12.4s. They are putting up better times at the track than their 6spd manual brothers.

Well you go to Florida in 90% plus humidity in 90 degree weather, possibly worse depending on what time of day it is, and you tell me you got low 12 second 1/4 mile times in a stock C6 Vette and I'll call you a liar. I've seen hot and humid conditions in Montgomery cost cars .5 a second, possibly more, in the 1/4 mile in the wrong weather conditions

To the poster: Sounds like you've got a mid 12 second Cobra on your hands if weather conditions are as bad I'm thinking they were...Nice Kills

bunk22

Established Member
Speednut said:

What was your mph vs his?

bunk22

Established Member
PilledV8s said:

Really? I'll bet and I know for certain those posted at CF did not happen in the hot humid weather Florida has right now. Try more like negative DA and 50-60 degree weather. Can't compare times run from two different tracks, different days, different weather.

Speednut

Screaming Snake
Established Member
Thanks Guy's.. My run was a 13.1 @ 107.3 with a 2.1 60ft, I am not sure what mph he was running but I will ask him as I am now curious.

Are these numbers fairly normal? I felt the 60 foot was pretty good considering it is still on the stock F1's and the car is a little stiff due to the Eiback Pro Kit..

OdessitPashka

Established Member
Judging from your numbers, that weather is really hurting both cars. In 50-60* weather you'd be running mid 12's at 111-112mph. So the outcome is about right :)

bunk22

Established Member
Speednut said:
Thanks Guy's.. My run was a 13.1 @ 107.3 with a 2.1 60ft, I am not sure what mph he was running but I will ask him as I am now curious.

Are these numbers fairly normal? I felt the 60 foot was pretty good considering it is still on the stock F1's and the car is a little stiff due to the Eiback Pro Kit..

Before I moved out of California last year, got to run the 1/4 mile at Fontana. The two days I went, it was hot.......track temps were around 120-130 degrees, air temp peaked at 106 during my first visit, DA around 5000'. Second visit, better, about 95 degrees but with a 20-30mph headwind, DA around 3000'. Anyway, pullied Cobra's were running low 13's@110 and the only stock C6 ran 4 consistent passes at 13.6@108. Like I said, not fair to compare different tracks on different days but you can see the effects hot weather has on normally pretty quick cars.

tv's 03

Established Member
I have yet to see a stock c6 get out of the 13's at Gateway International. And that is only 450 above sea level in 70-80 degree weather. They are disappointing

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
tv's 03 said:
I have yet to see a stock c6 get out of the 13's at Gateway International. And that is only 450 above sea level in 70-80 degree weather. They are disappointing

Sounds more of a driving thing rather than a car thing, bold statement.

C6 Vette

Established Member
spyder1337 said:
Sounds more of a driving thing rather than a car thing, bold statement.

I have to agree on that....There are plenty of 12 second passes in stock C6's.
I have yet to see a exhaust/intake Cobra break into the 12's. But it does'nt mean that they hav'nt......

Everybody is so bent on seeing is believing......but I have to say there are alot of drivers that can't get the full potential out of their cars.....So many in fact that the odds of seeing a good driver is even more remote than witnessing a bad driver..

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
Speednut said:
My buddy just purchased a brand new paddle shifted C6 Vette. We went to the track yesterday to have a little fun. I have a heavy ass vert 04 cobra with a K&N filter and Exhaust, everything else stock right down to the tires. Needless to say after three runs he was speechless. Oh and by the way we did a couple of roll ons on the way home and the Cobra once again surprised.

Props to SVT for building such a badass factory car for the money!

:bs:

j/k....you and him should be a driver's race....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread