07-09 with rear lowered only. ...pics,info?

nfmsuprar1

Established Member
I know it's been done but can't find any info or pics anywhere. Post up if you lowered the rear only on your 07-09 Gt500.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
H&R Sport springs with OEM 18" wheels and stock size tires, rear only lowered by 1-5/8". I did not like the fender gap up front after lowering the rear only.

Rear drop only.jpg

Rear drop.jpg

Then installed the front lowering springs which lowered the front exactly 1".

Front_Rear drop.jpg

And finally upsized my wheels to 19s with roughly the same OEM tire diameter:

Front_Rear drop on 19s.jpg

nfmsuprar1

Established Member
Thanks for the info and pics. Even better that's it's Vista blue, same color as mine!
Looks better lowered front and rear for sure.

smokastang

Established Member
Thanks for the info and pics. Even better that's it's Vista blue, same color as mine!
Looks better lowered front and rear for sure.

I just lowered mine last week . I had my mind made up that I was just going to lower the rear since the front all ready sits fairly low . That lasted a day front springs went on couldnt be happier
41847664-166C-4A5E-9F06-CFD77C2112BE.jpeg

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Serious question. Why would you only lower the rear of a car?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Serious question. Why would you only lower the rear of a car?
Some of these cars have serious rake with the factory springs and lots of owners prefer a "leveled" look. If you like the factory ride height and the back end sits an inch higher than the front, why would you not want to lower the rear? Probably not a great idea if you routinely carry passengers in the back.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
I ended up with Steeda springs all the way around .

@nfmsuprar1 How do you like the ride & handling on those Steeda springs & was the drop as advertised? I’ve been looking for a set of springs and those are on sale this weekend but I don’t see a lot of guys running them on their 500’s.

Sent from my iPhone 3G using the svtp app

nfmsuprar1

Established Member
I don't have much drive time with them yet but they seem to ride pretty nice. Ride seem's tighter and a fairly smooth ride still but defintley notice the big bumps and dips more.

The drop is very close to what it was advertised as and is the main reason I went with the Steeda springs. I didnt want to slam the car and didn't want the front end to sit too low. It was one of the least aggressive drops advertised as 1 inch in the front and 1.2 in the rear .

You're right ,not many gt500 guys running them but so far I'm completely happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread