07-09 Shelby's are they worth trading the 04 Cobra for one of them?

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
1st sorry for my spelling, French guy here!!!

I might be selling my 04 when winter is over, I am looking into getting a 2010 Shelby, we are hearing a lot od good things about the 2010-2011 compare to the 07-09. But I would like to know if the 07-09 Shelby's is a better car than the 03-04? Is it worth it? There are good deals on them. Hope you guys can understand what i am trying to ask?

Thanks

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Its better either way. This has been discussed a million times before.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
If you don't change the suspension, no. I drove one and was not impressed at all handling wise, but that can be fixed.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
If you mod it like you moded your cobra you will love it.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I'm sure I'm the minority in this area but I say don't do it. My 03 Vert handled very well stock, with wheel hop. I added AC427's R. Kit and my problems went away, added a pulley and tune and I was good to go. Sold it and bought a New left-over 09 Vert. 3 months ago and it looked like a 4x4, handled like a truck, and was quiet like a Toyota. Lowered it, Adj. Panhard bar, Cai, Tune and Exhaust......
Looks and sounds better, although doesn't sound as good as the Term. Still handles like a Truck, and rides much stiffer. If you like the new style and find a good deal, especially on an '11 step up. Otherwise keep the Term......

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Night and day over the Cobra.

The 10 and 11 are even better from the factory.

SmirkNOS

It is what it is!
Established Member
Go for it. The only thing you may miss from the Termi is the sound, otherwise way better car. A little heavier but, way more power to make from the GT 500. Plus the Terminator interior is headious, looks just like an old 1994-95 Mustang GT. Go for it and you won't looked back.....

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
If you can afford it, I dont see why you wouldnt get the 10-11's. Light years ahead of the 03/04's.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Thats strange because all the test say(multiple sources) that the gt500(07+) out handle the 03/04 svt mustang in slalom and skidpad!

That may be, but it feels like a big boat to me. 07-09 that is. In '10 they got it right.

Last edited:

paulboy

Established Member
I have an 04 and an 09 and I love both. Two different cars... the 04 feels more like a sports car and i have a grigg ss kit on the 09 if that tells you anything. Hoping the 11 feels better with the aluminum 5.4... maybe wait for that. You're going to need to put a lot of dough into the new ride though to equal what u have in your 04..

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
Thanks guys for all your responses!!!! I apreciate. I know the Shelby's are a much better car but Man I love my 04!!!!

Thanks again guys:beer:

Kimcobra

Established Member
well I am not an expert but I have owned 3 cobras, an 03 with 525rwhp and 04 with 495rwhp and another 04 with 511rwhp, I really loved my white 04 with 511 car ran a best 11.3@124,on DRs..turned the A/C on and drove it 100 miles home..it was a great all around car,,fast forward to yesterday..pick up my 2010 GT500 car bone stock feels pretty damn good..I have only drove this car one day for 222miles and already I would have traded my 04 in a heartbeat!!! But the decession is up to you..Go drive one and see what you think..hope this helped.

breoland

Established Member
there are so many plus and minus about the 03/04 and 07 to 10, you cant go wrong either way

if anything get an 11 gt with a 5.0 and auto and mod the crap out of that

Red10thcv

Established Member
A Shelby will kill a terminator mod for mod and have more comfort if youre a big guy.

Mods on the Shelby are more expensive. I'm an older guy and just LOVE the look of the retro car. Mach 1--Cobra 10th--GT500 and the Shelby is my favorite of the three. Enjoy the new ride!

cgouzoulis

SNARFSNARF
Established Member
I just traded my 04 for a 10.....I miss my cobra.....But I feel overall I am much happier with the Shelby....and yes mod for mod the Shelby waxes the 04 by alot....Only downside is the mods for the Shelby are much more expensive:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread