07-09 GT500 Over the axel pipes.. Will these replacements work?

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Long story, here is the Cliff Notes.. Years ago, a Specialty shop cut my OTA pipes so they would work with an offroad X that they sold me. (Car was at about 540 rwhp then.) Recently, I switched to a new 650 rwhp combo, that used the Stock Cats. (more power and less noise was the goal).

Only problem was, about a month ago, when a local shop put my old X pipe back on they said my pipes had been cut and shortened by a few inches. (I barely even remembered it). The shop commeneted that it wasnt a problem and that it should "Hold Fine". WEll, obviously they dont understand 650 rwhp cars too well, as the car blew the X pipe off, at a local track 2 weeks ago. Lesson learned to never listen to local shops! It could have ended in a complete disaster, as the pipe on the right actually hung down facing forward. (Visions of pole vaulting into the wall come to mind) --Luckilly, I heard it as it happenend, and knew to get out of it and slow down. It happenendd at about the 120' mark, so I slowed down and it harmlessly skidded on the ground as I went slowly (about 30 mph) down the track.

I need a replcement that is not cut.
Will these work for my 08 GT500? They are meant for a GT I believe. I would appreciate anyone's feedback in the know!

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ver-Axle-Pipes

- Aj -

Established Member
I just bought/installed 2.5" OTA pipes on ebay from this guy: trends-auto

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
not sure if you are attending carlisle this weekend, might be able to score a set there

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The over axle pipes are all the same for GT and GT500 from 05-10. '11-newer are different. I have a couple sets, but shipping would be pretty expensive to PA.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Sam - so just the cats forward are different?

Users who are viewing this thread