07-09 Gt500 or 11-14 Roush Stage 3

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
If you are going to buy a Roush go with a 2010 540 “hammer” which is a build internal motor or a 14 with the aluminator motor which again is built. The standard motors are limited. I had a 2012 RS3 Hyper Series that most tuners would tell you not to go too far over 600rw as the motor wouldn’t take it. The 2010 hammer and the 2014 aluminator motors are built and handle mods better.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
If you are going to buy a Roush go with a 2010 540 “hammer” which is a build internal motor or a 14 with the aluminator motor which again is built. The standard motors are limited.. The 2010 hammer and the 2014 aluminator motors are built and handle mods better.

Great info 'gasyone'! :) Good luck finding a 'Hammer'. They only built somewhere around 51, and I just happen to have one. ;) Here's a crude little video of it, if anyone's interested. I'm gonna edit and post this on YouTube..... Click on the link and it should open and play in your browser, or, Right click and "Save As": http://csgbenefits.org/Hammer4.mp4

FYI - the guy on this forum that is a Roush expert is "Recon". OP, if you have Roush questions, he's a terrific information resource. He's been a huge help to me with my Hammer, which I bought from a forum member last June.

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
Great info 'gasyone'! :) Good luck finding a 'Hammer'. They only built somewhere around 51, and I just happen to have one. ;) Here's a crude little video of it, if anyone's interested. I'm gonna edit and post this on YouTube..... Click on the link and it should open and play in your browser, or, Right click and "Save As": http://csgbenefits.org/Hammer4.mp4

FYI - the guy on this forum that is a Roush expert is "Recon". OP, if you have Roush questions, he's a terrific information resource. He's been a huge help to me with my Hammer, which I bought from a forum member last June.

There was 2 for sale on EBay recently one still on with a stupid high price....I had an opportunity a few years ago to buy a hammer prototype from Roush but passed. Wish I would have.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Recon

Established Member
I had an opportunity a few years ago to buy a hammer prototype from Roush but passed. Wish I would have.
I had a similar opportunity, I had a chance to buy the last of 4 380R press car for less than 15 grand. Still wish I bought it, to this day. But hindsight is 20/20 as they say.
5XR is a fine piece if you can find a pristine model. With less than 2k miles I’d say it’s safe to assume it is.

Pick your poison.

fmylife

Established Member
Interested in a black convertible '08? I've enjoyed mine for the last 3 years but feel like I'm ready for something else now.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Drive an 11+GT500. Worth the extra dollars getting 100+ pounds of weight off the front end.

If you plan on stupid power levels, youll need upgraded rods in any year GT500. all GT500 rods are powder forged. Most are 07-12 GT500s are 750-800 rwhp capable on stock internals. With true forged rods, over 1000 rwhp i believe. Beyond that youll likely need pistons. The factory Mahle pistons 07-12 are pretty robust being a true forged part.

Upgrading pistons, thats where the 07-10 iron blocks are at an advantage. Most 11+ engines will require a .001" hone for new pistons and rings. A reputable engine builder here in Phoenix talked to me about this and in his experience there isnt .001" available to safely hone all the cylinders '11+. 1 cylinder usually goes into the aluminum and requires the block to get sleeved. I was quoted $2600 to sleeve my block parts and labor.

Coyote's are the same way with the spray on liner. The Roushes may have a different block, possibly with liners already installed, but I genuinely dont have a clue.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Keep in mind the Boss 302 still came with the MT82. It would be a really good idea to think about installing a T56 Magnum XL in there.

Users who are viewing this thread