07-09 GT500 issues

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
I've been keeping an eye on the Shelby market and am very surprised to find that there is more than a few examples of nice low mileage cars for less than the 03-04 cobra cars are going for. Are there any known issues with the 500's? Is the market bottomed on these?

Dusten

Established Member
I would say the market is just low on them. They are early examples, so power is lower, they don't handle as well, things like that. THe interior is more dated.

JW03

Established Member
I am currently trying to sell my 2007 and have received very little interest. Mine is a pristine example of one of these cars and I don't feel like I am overpriced. Market just does not seem strong currently. Maybe it will get better towards spring.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Also remember, Terminator was only produced for 2 years. While the 07-09 GT500 has a higher ceiling, the IRS and relative rarity of the Terminator compared to the GT500 and well its reputation will only help,keep its value up.

I think GT500s in time will have a higher value, but they will still have larger production and less exclusivity than a Termi. Id take my 2011 all day long over a Termi, but i fully admit if i had money for 2 performance cars, id have my 2011 and a Terminator no question.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
What suspension issues need taken care of on these cars? I'd also like to know a ball park of what a upper lower pullied car can run in the quarter along with a tvs swapped car.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
They're the same cars underneath for the most part as all 07-12 cars. If you're going to be modifying it, the only difference will be the exterior looks and the interior. Prices on them are lower because the newer cars are coming down too, I would bet in 5-10 years they start going back up depending on what Ford does with the new GT500 and other cars in the future.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
What suspension issues need taken care of on these cars? I'd also like to know a ball park of what a upper lower pullied car can run in the quarter along with a tvs swapped car.

Rear UCA and mount, LCA and LCA relo brackets are a must if you track your car. Softer springs and drag shocks will also make a huge difference.

A driver with that car, a WOT box for no lift shift and and MGW 2 shifter should be able to get a GT500 into the 10s with slicks or DRs.

Users who are viewing this thread