07-09 GT500 engine

dutchrower16

Established Member
Thinking about picking up an 07-09 GT500, does anyone know what RWHP you can throw at it, safely? I have heard they are only good to 650ish to the wheels before the rods have issues. I plan on running full exhaust, upgrading the blower and running e85.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
700-800. Keep the revs down and you can go higher, depending on your definition of "safe."

dutchrower16

Established Member
I don't have one yet, I was thinking about it for me next car. Or a 03-04 cobra. I've had a ton of cars, just trying to figure out what I want next. I have always loved the way the GT500 looked. I like everything about the terminator, but the prices seem to be a bit high for a good one. And the SN95 was not my favorite body style. Plus I'm deployed to Afghanistan right now, so I'm just looking.

Last edited:

03blkann

Established Member
Honestly I was at 5800 rpms. Idk what happened a rod let go and made a window. I'm sure at some point I have shifted the car to high and caused my own problems. I'm sure anyone on the forum will tell you it's pretty expensive when you damage the block. I almost think it's better to pull the motor and put the good stuff in way before you have any problems.

weider1717

Established Member
I agree with above as long as you stay in the iron block years. The iron blocks hold more hp and wears longer.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
I've always read that our motors don't like to be over-revved...is it safe to say we can run our cars to red line? Usually i run my car to the shift light but never over.

Users who are viewing this thread