06 ZX10 top speed run

fatboy01

Gonzo
Established Member
Fast bike...

I love roads like that, in front of my apartment is almost 2 miles of straight highway, with no intersections, so no worries of anyone pulling out in front of you....

nightstalker865

Established Member
And people wonder why I have such a hard time believing all these cars out running bikes!!!!!!!!!

That was a 06-07 ZX10. Funny how people think that these 450hp cars can out run one of these.... 9's @ 150+ with good riders right off the floor.

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
03SteedaGT said:
And people wonder why I have such a hard time believing all these cars out running bikes!!!!!!!!!

That was a 06-07 ZX10. Funny how people think that these 450hp cars can out run one of these.... 9's @ 150+ with good riders right off the floor.

+10000000 Eric, I had a 05 zx-6r when the new style first came out. people how have never been on a bike just don't understand. My 03 with 500 rwhp was quick, but nothing like my bike, and mine was only 636cc's. That and it was bone stock and cost less than 9 grand!

I understand that there are plenty of cars that are able to outrun bikes, but not for that price.

Last edited:

600RRgoal

Established Member
precisely.. my 04 RR will do 75 in 1st.. it would completely vaporize my cobra

Turd Ferguson

Banned
A kid around here has an '02 ZX10R with minor mods that I watched put out 203 RWHP on a dyno a few weekends ago. Exhaust and a good tune basically.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
put a gps on it. i think that bike has been geared down which makes the speedo even more inaccurate than they already are with the strock sprockets. it was accelerating much quicker than a stock ZX-10 imo.

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Turd Ferguson said:
A kid around here has an '02 ZX10R with minor mods that I watched put out 203 RWHP on a dyno a few weekends ago. Exhaust and a good tune basically.

BS - put down the crack pipe. ZX10r's dyno 165 rwhp. no way in hell you are gonna pick up 38 rwhp with exhaust and a tune.

Last edited:

nightstalker865

Established Member
Turd Ferguson said:

1st of all they didn't make a 10 till 2004 so something is wrong here!! I am guessing it may have been a 12.

He is lying to you about the mods.... There is more done to that bike than meets the eye if it is making 200rwhp

I am thinking more in the lines of Big bore kit, base gasket, head work, and cams. Even then I am not sure. I would drill him on the mods if I were you. A 203rwhp zx12 is no joke. Thats a huge gain over stock.

Last edited:

SVTBMG

Banned
Dgaffler said:
80+ in first gear :banana:

My Firends 05 R1 will do 110 in 1st, no big deal for a bike. If you think I am lying ask someone who knows about bikes they will tell you. One of the popular motorcycle mags did an article on it.

SVTBMG

Banned
Dgaffler said:
80+ in first gear :banana:

My Friends 05 R1 will do 110 in 1st, no big deal for a bike. If you think its bullshit ask someone who knows about bikes they will tell you. One of the popular motorcycle mags did an article on it.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
SVTBMG said:
My Friends 05 R1 will do 110 in 1st, no big deal for a bike. If you think its bullshit ask someone who knows about bikes they will tell you. One of the popular motorcycle mags did an article on it.

total BS again. 110 mph in 1st just goes to show how far off stock bikes speedos are; usually on the order of 5%. when you gear them down they can be off as much as 10%. even with all of this he would have had to run the bike out way past its redline until he hit the rev limiter to attain that speed in 1st gear. and if he did his speedo would be more like 100 mph not 110. stock R1 with stock sprockets and a shift into 2nd gear at redline is more like 80 mph and that is on GPS. again stock motorcycle speedos typically have 5% error. i currently own 4 motorcycles. my nitrous injected bike has a 5% speedo error with stock sprockets as verified by my GPS and my turbocharged bike has a 6% error with stock sprockets. i geared my nitrous bike down one time and the speedo was off by 10%.

Last edited:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Even if he had an incorrect speedo because of sprocket swaps, new 1000's are un-godly fast. Like SVT BMG said, the R1 goes over 105 in 1st before smacking the limiter. The pro's can't milk these things for all theyre worth anymore. The new bikes have traction control, electronic stabilizers, and crazy power to weight ratios. I thought my 600 was fast untill I rode a '06 R1 and up to 150 it felt like the acceleration didn't fall off literally at all. They're no joke with a good rider.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Even if he had an incorrect speedo because of sprocket swaps, new 1000's are un-godly fast. Like SVT BMG said, the R1 goes over 105 in 1st before smacking the limiter. The pro's can't milk these things for all theyre worth anymore. The new bikes have traction control, electronic stabilizers, and crazy power to weight ratios. I thought my 600 was fast untill I rode a '06 R1 and up to 150 it felt like the acceleration didn't fall off literally at all. They're no joke with a good rider.

Users who are viewing this thread