06 Z-06 spotted! link inside!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
Vet very Nice. But i cant tell between the c6 and the z06 they look to similar. I just hope that the gt500 can keep up with it.

Stock vs. stock the new Shelby will get destroyed in every performance category there is by the C6 Z06. As it should.

blk96SVT

Established Member
I saw a red one on Interstate 94 last week. It had Michigan plates and the guy driving it was cruising at like 80 and didn't look over at me once even though I was blipping my throttle next to him. I just wanted to give him a thumbs up

Lowflight

Established Member
standard.jpg

LINK TO MODEM DESTROYING PICS

Ill keep my ZR-1 over a C6...but I love this car

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
ModsAway said:
If someone forced me to drive it I would... can't even imagine the insurance on one. I love cars and all but damn, I would have to win the lottery to drop that kind of cash on the showroom floor.

Believe it or not, but insurance on a Cobra was more than insurance on my Viper. The average age of owners is much higher in a vette/viper thana cobra

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I was next to a red one the other day and it was freakn awesome. These pictures don't do it justice. 1 bad ride!

03CobraBro

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Believe it or not, but insurance on a Cobra was more than insurance on my Viper. The average age of owners is much higher in a vette/viper thana cobra

That, but remember there are alot more Mustangs running around too. More claims out there to make on Mustangs than Vettes or Vipers.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
03CobraBro said:
That, but remember there are alot more Mustangs running around too. More claims out there to make on Mustangs than Vettes or Vipers.

I know, I was just stating that a "cheaper car" doesn't always mean "cheaper insurance"

Fadis_Z

Established Member
Hey guys....here is a write up i posted a few days ago in regards to the Z06. I know this is a Mustang site, but i figured there are some guys that like the new Z..

"I got a phone call from a friend who said there is a C6 Z06 outside of his neighborhood. I drove there asap and saw this beauty. 5 mins later the guy comes out of his house and it turns out to be an engineer from the proving ground. I asked him for a ride but he said he can't due to liability purposes. I understand..I guess, lol. So, we started talking about the car..here is what I gathered up.

Where do I start?? I will just go over the main points

Interior- Seats are MUCH better. Have a great solid feel to them. Not even in the same league as the C5 Z06 seats. The seats remind me very much of the GTO's seats. Comfortable, supportive, and rich feeling. The shifter feels great. Pretty short (definitely shorter than the C5 Z06) and crisp. I really liked the way it felt. He said that the noise was cutout by a lot, and driving the car is like driving a base C6. Very quiet and feels very Porsche like. I personaly think this is a good thing.

Exterior- What a presence this car has to it! The front end of the car combined with the HUGE grill, the hoodscoop, and the lights make this one of the sexiest and most exotic front ends I have ever seen. Yes, you heard me right, and I have seen many cars including exotics. The most similar front end to this car is the 360, and I persoanlly think this front end looks better than the 360 Modena. Looking at the car from the rear at eye level is just astonishing. The combiniation of the flared fenders hoovering over the 325's made this car look like it had wings and was ready to rip the pavement off the ground just sitting there. What a sight. Reminded me very much so of a Viper..in width terms (The Z is even wider by .7", imagine the stance of this monster) The side profile is impressive, but I did not get that excited as I did with the front and rear. Nontheless, it was awesome too.

Price- I asked him what the price is going to be, he said that nothing is set, but he thinks between 65K and 75K..so, nothing new there as far as pricing goes.

Engine- OMG. Looking at that 7.0 engine was orgasmic. The intake is HUGE..2x the size of the C5 Z06's. Just the whole motor, being the 7.0L, was an awesome sight. I didnt realize just how much bigger the components were than a C5 Z06 until I saw it.
As far as the sound..well, I was not a big fan of the way it sounded, even when the flaps opened up above 3500 rpms. I don't know, maybe I am crazy, but it just didn't have any rumble to it, rather, it was more high pitched. Not my style, but nothing a simple cat-back syste can't change.

Now, the best for last...

Performance- He said a test driver at the proving grounds has lauched this thing from 0-60 in 3.5 secs and crossed the 1/4 in 11.5 secs. He stated that he has already gotten this beast to 185 mph on the freeway and claimed that it was still pulling at that mph and he felt that the car had a lot left to it. The car will be rated at 195-198 mph, but the car has already gone 202 mph at the test track . The handeling and braking on this car is like nothing he has ever been in. I then had asked him if he has ever tested the SRT brakes and he said no, but he said this car was designed to beat the SRT-10 in every performance aspect. Then he started telling me about this special car that they are working on, and I told him I already know what you are talking about..The Blue Devil. He was weirded out that I knew about it..but little did he know, I probably know more about it than he does. LOL. He said there is such thing and will go into production. He said playing around with the boost on this car (So obviously this car will have a turbo), it was getting dynoed at 800 HP. This obviously wont be the production numbers (I don't think), but it is going to compete with the SUPER exotics.

He said that they had a Ford GT, SRT-10, and the C6 Z06 out on I-75. They raced from a deadstop to about 100 mph. The Ford GT was only 1.5 cars ahead of the Z06 and the Z06 was a few cars ahead of the SRT. This came to me as odd. How do you just take $350K worth of cars, go out on any given expressway, come to a complete stop, and run them to 100 mph? imo, he was just stretching the truth, but who knows...maybe he is right. What do you guys think?

Bottom line:

SAVE YOUR PENNIES..this is one of the BEST looking cars I have ever laid eyes on. Pics, or even at the autoshow do NOT do this car any justice at al. It even tops out one of my favorite looking cars of all time, the Viper GTS!! Anybody want to donate a few pennies to the Fadi foundation?..

p.s- oh, and btw, the car was blue and boy did it look AWESOME in that color"

Last edited:

Flo

Wishing For a Notch
Established Member
All the frikkin haters!!! I'll bet each and any one of you would trade your precious mustang for one of those BAD MAMMA JAMMAS! LOL

I know i would...

Supernova

Established Member
I like the performance, but I can't stand the way the C6 looks either. I think that car is ugly as hell. Awesome performance for the money, though.

Lowflight

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
I know, I was just stating that a "cheaper car" doesn't always mean "cheaper insurance"

True, before I bought another ZR-1, I was going to buy an 03 Cobra..I called my insurance guy who I carry alot of insurance with. The best I could get was $120 per month... :cryying:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Codes said:
Ill take that over a new GT500 anyday. Even with 500 hp the GT500 wouldnt keep up...its a little on the fatty mcfatterson side. I just like the looks a whole lot better.

Bultrowicz

Established Member
I think i like it, but it dosent make me drop my mouth and drool about it. If that thing really does the 1/4 in 11 some seconds then ford better get there ass going.

Users who are viewing this thread