06 Turbo GT vs Juiced LS1 and GT 500

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I am going to get flamed for this...BUT in my opinion I still think the 03/04 Cobra is a better car then the GT 500.

Not going to :burn: you. The only complaint I have about the new GT 500 is that it is so damn heavy. What Ford did is they put the GT 500 on the couch for 40 years and made it eat Burger King and Wendies frosties. Then brought it into the gym to put on a shit load of mudular muscle and not lose any fat. I love the motor. 5.4 dohc capable of over 800rwhp from the factory with a blower upgrade. But over 4000 lbs with driver!!!!!!!! WTF Ford?!

Last edited:

oneBADDz

Established Member
:shrug:i think that gt500 needs a driver mod?

They are both great drivers, not to mention it was a roll race so driver's don't really matter too much. The GT500 isn't even broken in yet, he had less than 1000 miles on it that night I believe

Deuuuce

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Termi Cobra a body-on-frame and GT500 a unibody? Or was it the generation before the Termi that went Unibody?

ThomasSVT

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Termi Cobra a body-on-frame and GT500 a unibody? Or was it the generation before the Termi that went Unibody?

The terminator cobra is on a modified fox unit-body chassis.

Actually, all mustangs have been a unibody design. Even in '64 with the falcon-based chassis, through the pinto-based Mustang II, the '79 through 2004 various Fox derivatives and finally the S197 '05 and up.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
They are both great drivers, not to mention it was a roll race so driver's don't really matter too much. The GT500 isn't even broken in yet, he had less than 1000 miles on it that night I believe

Yea it makes sense that the Shelby didn't do all too well then if it only had 1000 miles. I know brand knew they dyno around 420-440rwhp. I wouldn't be surprised if after a proper brake in some will dyno 460 or so rwhp. Because the Shelby traps higher in the 1/4, makes more power and torque and has a a better suspension (for drag racing) so stock for stock the Shelby should pull the Cobra. But as evidence with the video that didn't happen. So once again anything can happen on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread