06 Turbo GT vs. Evo IX

millerc73

Established Member
Well I ran my 06 turbo GT last night against my buddies EVO IX last night. First a little bit about the two cars. My car is an 06 Mustang GT with a Powerhouse 67mm single turbo kit, CHE suspension and Nitto 18" DRs, other than that it is bone stock. His car is a 07 Evo IX with full turbo back exhaust, other bolt ons and boost controller. I ran on my pump gas 9PSI tune approx 450rwhp/480rwtq and he ran @ 29 PSI!!!, not sure what his hp numbers are. Anyway we ran from 2nd 40MPH first and it was pretty close in 2nd gear, 3rd gear I pulled about 2 cars and 4th I pulled pretty hard and put about 5-6 car lenghts on him before we shut it down. Next we went from a first gear roll about 20-25mph, I spun horribly and he jumped about 1 car on me, I pulled even in 2nd and 3rd and 4th were about the same as the first race. I'm pretty proud of my car's performance, his car is damn quick. Just thought I would share. Sorry so long.

Last edited:

millerc73

Established Member
SVTsupremecy said:
sounds like you put it too him pretty good. How are you liking the Powerhouse kit? did you install it yourself?

Thanks. I love the powerhouse kit, it is the most complete and highest quality kit out there for the S-197s IMO. The car runs great and made just over 500rwhp/550rwtq at 11PSI. I have suprised so many people with this car it is just silly. Here's a link to my car page if anyone wants to check it out. http://www.fquick.com/VBStang

Last edited:

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Thats big HP/TQ for a stock block. What was the price on the powerhouse turbo if you don't mind me asking? What does it come pullied stock?

millerc73

Established Member
Yeah, it's alot of HP/TQ for the stock motor but I have a solid tune in it and feel pretty safe with it. It's a turbo, so it's not pullied for anything ;) , but it comes standard with a 9# wastegaste spring and an optional 11# spring, I have a manual boost controller when I want to turn up the boost a bit, but normally I run 9 PSI. The kit cost me $5495 when I bought it a year ago, they are a bit higher now I believe.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good kill man.. does your buddy post on any of the evo boards? the 29psi on his sounds fishy to me though. its pretty widely known that much more than 23/24psi on the stock turbo doesnt work all that well. id love to know more about his mods, and his tune.

on a side note, there is no 07 evo.. 06 is the only year for the ix.

millerc73

Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
good kill man.. does your buddy post on any of the evo boards? the 29psi on his sounds fishy to me though. its pretty widely known that much more than 23/24psi on the stock turbo doesnt work all that well. id love to know more about his mods, and his tune.

on a side note, there is no 07 evo.. 06 is the only year for the ix.

Oh, I didn't know that there wasn't an 07, I just assumed since it was brand new. He said 29psi was what he was running and was running race gas with a custom tune. Ben is his name, I'm not sure if he posts on any evo boards or not.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
ah, on race gas i could see it.. although im still learning this car myself.

atlvalet

Established Member
You can easily spike the stock turbo to 29psi, especially if he's got race gas. However, that thing won't be holding 29psi for very long.

Quik Z06

Established Member
^ Yeah I was going to say a stock turbo at 29 psi isnt going to be very efficient. Good runs though, any pix of your car?

millerc73

Established Member
He did say that his boost was falling off on the top end, said that he needed a stiffer waste gate spring, but by then the damage was already done. :D
Here are some of my GTT.
dscf1682rt7.jpg

dscf1721it1.jpg

dscf1706my9.jpg

dscf1692kh0.jpg

dscf1695ym9.jpg

dscf1722lg1.jpg

dscf1725nt6.jpg

dscf1731ai1.jpg

bmfgsxr

Established Member
completely stock looking until you lift the hood. nicely done man.

Users who are viewing this thread