06 turbo GT VS. 03 Cobra

machslammer

Established Member
What you guys think would happen? We are gonna run them as soon as he gets his cutting out problem fixed.

He is the 06 turbo, 10 lbs of boost, exhaust. Has 20" rims(extra weight), street tires, and plus whatever the 06 weigh. Made 489/501 mustang dyno 85-90 degree heat.

Mine is the 03 cobra vert(pig heavy). Has a subwoofer system and amp in trunk that i am selling to rid of some wieght! It is 2.80 pulley, apten port, RWTD tune, STS, Nitto drag radials, xpipe, borla exhaust, FIPK cold air. Makes 14# of boost. Made 476/481 on mustang dyno 95 degree heat.
Weigh 4k lbs.

What ya think will happen? 25 roll, 40 roll, and dig to 120.
My cobra is the camera car vs this 10.5 lbs of boost sn95 cobra.
http://media.putfile.com/cobra-cobra2

Thanks for replies.

Smokinlx

Established Member
With the nitto's You should beat on Him in the real race from a dig & as far as the other's it will be hard to beat the turbo from a roll if He can get traction with worthless street tires.

machslammer

Established Member
With those numbers he is making, I was thinking the roll races would prob go to him, but you never know. I don't know how well he can drive, and how much exactly does the new gt's weigh? They just look massive compared to the earlier models! What you think the 95 snake with 10.5 lbs makes at the wheels? I know the the 5.0 is a torque monster. Later and thanks for the replies thus far.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Hard to say what the 5.0 makes but i would bet it's close to 480 RWHP and 500TQ depending on what h/c/i combo he has

My friends 93GT made 48XRWHP and 511RWTQ on 10 psi with a GT40 Upper and lower, GT40 heads, and i can't remember what cam for the life of me, whith an HP stage 2 kit

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Sounds like the terminator took 3-4 tries to hit 3rd before giving up. Whats up with that? Even I shift better than that.:shrug: BTW , 06' should still win.:rockon:

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
machslammer said:
how much exactly does the new gt's weigh? They just look massive compared to the earlier models! .

Never underestimate how much an IRS, Iron Block convertible can weigh, defintely more than an S197 GT. Your feeling my pain lol, were like 3800+ lbs without a driver.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I have my money of the Mustang GT:read:

Nick85

Banned
machslammer said:
and how much exactly does the new gt's weigh? They just look massive compared to the earlier models!

About 3465 lbs...the same as the Mach1 and about 300 lbs lighter than the Cobra Vert.

CaDDy

Banned
Tampa03cobra said:
Never underestimate how much an IRS, Iron Block convertible can weigh, defintely more than an S197 GT. Your feeling my pain lol, were like 3800+ lbs without a driver.

I personally believe that the GT will take you by ~3 cars on all the races except for maybe the race from a dig. The fact that you will be getting some traction with your 480 rwtq should help you jump ahead early enough, and he doesnt have that much more power than you to reel you in too quickly.

This may ease your pain. Your 3800 lb vert weighs less than a GT500 coupe:bash: ;-)

:Edit for 7 yr olds spelling:

Last edited by a moderator:

machslammer

Established Member
Yeah I figured he would win, just wondering what everyone else thought. I don't know exactly how long it will take him to spool from 3k rpm roll.
And snake, what terminator you talking about taking 3-4 tries to get it into third? Mine was the only term in that vid and we started in second so no, it went right in just fine ty. :)
MachMe.. I was thinking the same thing about the boom part, but who knows.

This 06 raced a 97 Gt(exhaust, cold air only), the other night from a 40 roll till 130 and only put 4-5 lengths on him. I don't think this guy can drive. Just has a lot of money to throw around. He is not even a real mustang fan. I don't know if the internals of this car will hold up or not. And yes he does weigh 300+ pounds lighter. I will get a vid when it happens. Later guys.

Wild Bill

Established Member
I think you should do alright,Im not saying you will win but it should be fairly close.My friend has a procharged 05 GT auto putting down around 440rwp and I absolutly destroy him with my upper/ported cobra.Its not only that Im making more power but the power band itself.If he is auto then I'll bet on you.If you want to get the weight a little closer then take out the spare/jack for 35lbs,and passenger seat 40lbs(takes 5mins),and take out your subs (mine weigh 50lbs).That should put you at around 3690lbs.Your car does not weigh 4000lbs!Remember his turbo setup has to weigh something,and his 20" rims will slow him down for sure.I think it will be a good race and the better driver will take it.

rmgtc01

Established Member
It may be close. To give you an idea. I raced an 03 GT with a Helion Turbo kit on it. He had close to 420rwhp. At the time I had a CAI/Ex. and predator performance tune. So I was around the same rwhp.
From a 50 roll, I jumped out ahead by 2 cars and held it but did not gain any.
Once we got over 100 he started to pull back very slowly until we stopped at 140 where I had a car on him. He was still pulling back though.

StangJason

Established Member
Well I think a Ford GT would beat a close race for you just stock but add a turbo and I think the power numbers you have are way low for a GT that's rated 550hp (flywheel)...what a wasted of money to add a turbo to a car and not gain any horsepower.

You guys confuse me!!! It's like you guys are talking about a Mustang GT but the poster clearly stated GT!! ;-)

VoodooSNK

Established Member
StangJason said:
Well I think a Ford GT would beat a close race for you just stock but add a turbo and I think the power numbers you have are way low for a GT that's rated 550hp (flywheel)...what a wasted of money to add a turbo to a car and not gain any horsepower.

You guys confuse me!!! It's like you guys are talking about a Mustang GT but the poster clearly stated GT!! ;-)

:rolleyes: :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread