06 svt

kurtgofast

I got this in an email from "the car connection". They did not say what their source was or when and where they were talking to coletti, web site http://www.thecarconnection.com/

"Ford Retooling SVT Lineup

Ford is shelving its high performance SVT Focus coupe next year and suspending production of the entire Special Vehicle Team lineup for the 2005 model year. Ford, like other automakers, has big plans for performance cars, but the company finds itself playing catch-up in tricking out SVT versions of upcoming new models. Ford's next scheduled model year for SVT products will be 2006. The Mustang Cobra and F-150 Lightning truck are to be based on the new platforms of those vehicles, and it takes time to do the SVT versions after the mass-market model debut. John Coletti, SVT's chief engineer, said the 2006 Lightning will be powered by an engine similar to the one featured in the 500-horsepower Ford GT, which debuts next year. Other possibilities include supercharged versions of the Mercury Marauder and Lincoln Navigator, a Mustang with a V-10 and a turbocharged Focus, said Coletti. In 2005, Ford plans to introduce the Focus ST, which stands for street tuned. It offers slightly less horsepower than the SVT Focus -- 155 compared with 170. But it will have more torque and likely cost less than the SVT"

Paul Vincent

Established Member
I first read about it on FordForums.com. I hope that this means that Ford is going to let SVT do it right (you know...not letting the SVT Focus be out powered by the SRT-4 by 55 hp or the ST by 70 hp.) I really hope that this is the beginning of a new attitude at Ford.

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
Originally posted by Sailing2Smth
A Cobra with a V10??:eek:
That would be cool, but imagine the price tag....
I'll believe it when I see it.

The gas station has to follow you !!!:(

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
As I'm just as excited about what's looming on the horizon as the rest of you, the price jump for some of these sweet additions will run off more than a few customers. With the quality I've had with my '03 Cobra, I think I've come to the cap I'm willing to pay. It's easy to charge more for a car, but it's not so easy to make the car worthy of that price tag.

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
As I'm just as excited about what's looming on the horizon as the rest of you, the price jump for some of these sweet additions will run off more than a few customers. With the quality I've had with my '03 Cobra, I think I've come to the cap I'm willing to pay. It's easy to charge more for a car, but it's not so easy to make the car worthy of that price tag.
good point

Users who are viewing this thread