06 srt8 vs 12 c63 amg

daves03svt

Established Member
A little background on my car for you. 06 300c srt8 with a small cam, ported heads, intake, and catback. 475 rwhp 440 rwtq. Now onto the run.

Was on my way to the store, sitting at a stoplight when a dark grey c63 slowly rolls past me and turns right onto a one lane side street. As he completes his turn he gets on it and his car sounds great. I say f it and give chase, deviating from my honey do list. As luck would have it the light ahead is red, with the c63 in the left turn lane. The road ahead is three lanes wide with no side streets or lights for a 1/2 mile. Im behind the amg and he's reving. I put my car in manual shift anticipating that mr amg will gun it once he makes his turn. Light turns green and sure enough he nails it, as do I. I'm 1/2 car behind by the time I complete the turn. The old 6.1 is roaring as the revs climb to 6600. As first gear winds out i've pulled even. Second gear see's me pull a car on him. Third gear and another car length. I check the speedo and see i'm approaching 130 mph and shut it down with over two cars on the amg.

He does the flyby, which I don't mind as his car is loud and sounds great. The light ahead is red and I'm itching for an even start dig run. Pull up to the amg and exchange thumbs up. Mr amg asks what power I'm making and I tell him. He says he has exhaust and tune making 510 hp which I'm assuming is bhp. I would think a c63 with 510 rwhp would have killed me bad. I ask if he wants to go again, but he says no point, you are faster hahaha. Thumbs up once more as the light turns green and I adjust direction back on course for the honey do list, proud of how the old boat laid it down on the Amg.

Sorry for the huge post, got a bit carried away as this was my first run since adding the heads, intake, catback.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Hell yea, good attitude from the c63 owner... usually mercedes guys get butt hurt, sounds like another car enthusiast...

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
nice kill. Lets see some pics of said c63 beater lol:beer: 300 srt8's are sexy as shit

daves03svt

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. I know the srt8's get ragged on quite a bit around here,(this is an svt site after all) but for a big four door they move out pretty well.
As for how I was able to beat him, it was a matter of me having more power imo. From his expression, I don't think the amg driver understood the difference between rwhp and bhp. I looked up Renntech, and their chip upgrade takes the power from 451bhp to 517bhp. My car is probably around 530-550bhp depending on which driveline loss % you use. What ever the reason, it was good fun to run into a c63 with a driver who didn't mind running and took the loss like a man. Now if I can just find a new M3 that would actually race, all would be right in the world. Haha. Thanks again guys

daves03svt

Established Member
nice kill. Lets see some pics of said c63 beater lol:beer: 300 srt8's are sexy as shit

Thanks da5deuce. I will try and get some pics up in the next day or two. Poor car hasn't been washed in forever ( having a 3 month old changes priorities like that). I always enjoy your kill stories, and look forward to the next one.:beer:

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice kill! I have respect for the srt8s....they're nice. If I strayed from Ford and bought somethin new it wouldn't probably be a challenger...I would have it over the camaro for sure. if I went used it'd be a ws6 00-02 trans am 6 speed with ttops....that's IF i strayed from Ford....which I probably wouldn't...next on my list is proabbly a terminator, an 11 and up 5.0 or possibly even a lightning...but for not I'ma roll with the mach 1....

Users who are viewing this thread