06 s-197GT vs. Evo9MR

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Okay, here it goes i was heading home this past monday form work and i was in the left lane and i come up on a evo9mr in the right lane. Not thinking to much about it. As i pass him i see him pull from the right lane directly behind me. Mind you there is goin' home traffic, but he keeps following me for at least three mile until he moves back into the right lane where there is a gap and punches it past me so i keep it in fifth and hit it up behind him. Then we get ahead of traffic and i pull into the left lane i pull up to him were going about 60-65 at this point. So i proceed to roll my window down and get his attention to lower it to 40 and a three honk start. in the middle of this attempt he hits it and starts to jump:cuss: so imidiatly i throw to third and hit it and slow his movemnt on me then to fourth and by 120-125 or so and he was two cars ahead of me but not gaining anymore then we stop and get off the freeway and shoot the shit for minute he tells me he had to basic bolt-ons can't remember what they were:shrug: anyway does this outcome sound about right?

Wild Stallion

Established Member
oh and if your are wondering my mods are 4:10's,C&L CAI,SCT custom tune,JBA axle back, steeda tri-ax, Mcload dual friction clutch and Fidanza aluminum flywheel

BlueZ06

Established Member
I got pulled by 06 sti from 80mph -100mph he pulled me 1 car length easily.
but my car is auto. :) should put in overdrive instead of D drive.
Rpm was around 4500rpm -4700rpm,didn't feel the power when I wot.
He had passanger too , and me w/ less then 3gal left on gas.
mod : corsa exhaust

:pop: :pop:

-----------------------------------------------
06 mustang gt auto w/corsa exhuast ~2600miles.
95 supra T78 single turbo 6spd (sold)

BlueZ06

Established Member
nice mod and nice car :burnout:
I am thinking about getting whipple supercharger 10psi when my warranty's expires.
:banana:

Wild Stallion said:
oh and if your are wondering my mods are 4:10's,C&L CAI,SCT custom tune,JBA axle back, steeda tri-ax, Mcload dual friction clutch and Fidanza aluminum flywheel

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Thanks, also have it lowered with ford racing lowering springs and dampers and today just put on a high flow catted H-pipe by MRT direct:D They seen a 20 horse increase. don't know if i got that but certainly can feel more horse and torque:burnout: Plans are this winter to send it to Livernois for their 296ci stroker engine and put on Whipple i/c with 16psi to start out with:rockon:

scorcher2005

USMC
Established Member
BlueZ06 said:
I got pulled by 06 sti from 80mph -100mph he pulled me 1 car length easily.
but my car is auto. :) should put in overdrive instead of D drive.
Rpm was around 4500rpm -4700rpm,didn't feel the power when I wot.
He had passanger too , and me w/ less then 3gal left on gas.
mod : corsa exhaust

:pop: :pop:

-----------------------------------------------
06 mustang gt auto w/corsa exhuast ~2600miles.
95 supra T78 single turbo 6spd (sold)

Do you even understand the concept of overdrive? :shrug:

UrS4

Established Member
Without knowing what the evo9 MR considers basic bolt-ons I can't tell if the outcome was expected. Although from 60-125mph the awd and gearing are starting to affect the evo, 1st and 2nd gear are its strong suit. I would think had you started at the same time you would have stayed even and if you had slowed to 40 and started in 2nd you may have stayed ahead slightly. I have the same power mods as you so its nice to see how an evo9 compares. What do you think of the clutch and flywheel, how do the revs drop, do they still take forever to come down?

BlueZ06

Established Member
600-700hp??
:bowdown: :bowdown: :burnout: :burnout:

Wild Stallion said:
Thanks, also have it lowered with ford racing lowering springs and dampers and today just put on a high flow catted H-pipe by MRT direct:D They seen a 20 horse increase. don't know if i got that but certainly can feel more horse and torque:burnout: Plans are this winter to send it to Livernois for their 296ci stroker engine and put on Whipple i/c with 16psi to start out with:rockon:

Last edited:

Wild Stallion

Established Member
The Fidanza flywheel:thumbsup: it drops the rev at good rate not what it use to be. I would say it is good thing to do if you are going to be pulling the tran. from the engine. As far as the clutch:cuss: it chatters like a mother I wish I was more patient and ordered the centerforce dual friction clutch. and not to mention this is the second mcload clutch in first one exploded when i went to launch the car for a neighbor as a demonstration:eek: . Gave them a second chance thought it just might have been a faulty one.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
the evo ix mr is capable of 13.0's bone stock in the right hands. ive even seen a report of it doing 12.9 bone stock.. so depending on what he considers basic bolt ons.. im imagining bov, mbc, and a tune i would expect him to run pretty good. they are better 1/4 mile cars than highway runners, but they still put out really good awhp and the mr is also a 6 spd.

Turbo94Cobra

Banned
Yeah some of you guys act like the awd starts having more of an effect as it goes faster when it does not. The only thing awd will hurt it the amount of power you are losing from the flywheel to the wheels. It doesn not start to rob more power as the speeds increase. So if and EVO was making 300AWHP it would make the same in any gear, not just in 1st and 2nd.

The only reason they may seem to slow down is because in 1st and 2nd while you are spinning they are already gone, and once you catch traction you may start catching up. It is not them slowing down b/c of awd.

And yes it makes sense that he did pull you a little bit with a few mods as they respond well to cheap mods just like most turbo cars.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
It depends what his basic bolt-ons were. Supposedly with the right tune, catback and MBC, Evos can see 330 AWHP. They are fairly easy to get power out of from mods (the 4 cyl equivelant to the 03/04 Cobras, if you will). So if he had those mods, him pulling you seems reasonable, but it sounds like the race was started before you knew it and that is enought to make you lose right there.

MattP 343

Established Member
Wild Stallion said:

Can you get some clips? I would love to hear your exhaust set up. I also want to see videos the minute you bring the car home with the stroker/whipple :rockon:

Wild Stallion

Established Member
MattP 343 said:
Can you get some clips? I would love to hear your exhaust set up. I also want to see videos the minute you bring the car home with the stroker/whipple :rockon:
I will try this weekend to get some sound clips. As far as when i take the car to Livernois i was planning on getting my film majoring friend to help me make a video:thumbsup:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Turbo94Cobra said:
Yeah some of you guys act like the awd starts having more of an effect as it goes faster when it does not. The only thing awd will hurt it the amount of power you are losing from the flywheel to the wheels. It doesn not start to rob more power as the speeds increase. So if and EVO was making 300AWHP it would make the same in any gear, not just in 1st and 2nd.

The only reason they may seem to slow down is because in 1st and 2nd while you are spinning they are already gone, and once you catch traction you may start catching up. It is not them slowing down b/c of awd.

And yes it makes sense that he did pull you a little bit with a few mods as they respond well to cheap mods just like most turbo cars.

Another reason they seem to slow down is because the sti/pre-06 evo's are geared very agressively from 1st through 3rd gear. The turbo in these cars weren't designed for high rpm power and highway racing. They still pull pretty good over 100 but compared to the muscle cars(cobra's ls1's,srt-8's, etc..) they're not as impressive on top end.

Wild Stallion

Established Member
I forgot to say that the evo guy asked if i was sprayn' the juice. i politely told him no. but was thinking to myself:lol: you would have definitly know if i was sprayn'.

Users who are viewing this thread