06 h/c srt8 vs C7

daves03svt

Established Member
Hi all,

Got a new set of heads on my car finally, putting down around 470rwhp. Anyway, on my way to work this morning I am approaching a red light. This is a four lane expressway, three are empty, the last lane has a new black c7, dealer plates still on. I pull next to it and glance over to see the usuall vette owner, older guy, gray beard and all. I put my car into manual mode as to be ready in case the c7 hits it from a low roll. Light turns green and we roll out as normal. When I get to 10mph the nose on the vette jumps and we are off. I go wot and put the front of the c7 at my rear door, revs climbing to 6700rpm, shift to second and he is now at my rear bumper. Into third and the vette has stopped my pull, but is not gaining any ground either, just holding back about 1-1.5 cars. Just as I shift into 4th he lets off. I tried to slow down to give a thumbs up, but the c7 driver just stayed behind and wouldnt get next to me. It was a nice looking car and fast for stock. I need to hurry up and put on my longtubes and high flow mids to keep in front of all these new factory runners.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Why did I know you would be first to post in this one? :D:beer:

Good kill OP. :beer:

LOL, I thought about trolling the thread with the usual SRT8 are heavy and slow and can't beat anything talk. Didn't have the energy for it today:lol1:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Lmao before I even read the story I had a feeling you would be the first hahahahaha.

Lmao my exact thoughts. Good kill OP. Your car is a strong runner. Cant wait to have that sexy family hauler.

Did 2k post yet? Oh yea there it is up top lol

giphy.gif

:burnout:

Last edited:

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
Nice kill. I've always been a fan of 300C SRT8. Had the '07 300C, but there was no comparison to the SRT8.

Baysixx

Established Member
Good kill OP. I live in the east bay too close to Pleasanton /Dublin. I'd be down to get some runs in with you soon.

daves03svt

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments everyone. My car runs well for what it is, a four door boat haha, but I was a bit surprised i stayed in front of the c7. I'm sure he would of come around me if the run went higher.

daves03svt

Established Member
Good kill OP. I live in the east bay too close to Pleasanton /Dublin. I'd be down to get some runs in with you soon.

Sure thing Baysixx, I'm always up for some fun runs, although im pretty sure you will kill me with the numbers you are putting down. I mostly stay in the sbay, but ill pm you when i get some free time. :beer:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
good kill!

idk why I love hearing about c7s going down even though I love em!

guess it was that one doush bag on 35 the other day like he was a descendent of Christ himself

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
good kill!

idk why I love hearing about c7s going down even though I love em!

guess it was that one doush bag on 35 the other day like he was a descendent of Christ himself

He must have been a previous 5.0wner..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread