06 Gt Vert Vs Lotus Elise

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
MY BOYFRIENDS DAD HAS A NAVIGATOR, HE BROUGHT IT TO THE DEALER TO HAVE SOME WARRENTY WORK DONE. THE DEALERSHIP GAVE HIM A BRAND NEW LOTUS AS A LOANER. WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK TONIGHT MY BOYFRIEND SUGGESTED THAT IT MIGHT BE A GOOD RACE, BETWEEN MY STOCK 06 GT VERT (3200 miles) AND THE LOTUS ELISE (1290 miles). SO WE WENT TO HIS DADS AND PICKED IT UP. THE FIRST RACE WAS ME IN MY 06 GT AND HIM IN THE LOTUS, WE WENT FROM A DIG, I HONKED IT OFF, AND BY 100 mph I HAD A GOOD TWO CAR LENGHTS. DID THE SAME RACE THREE MORE TIMES WITH THE SAME RESULTS. WE EVEN SWITCHED DRIVERS, HIM IN MY 06 AND ME IN THE LOTUS. I THOGHT MY 06 GT DID VERY WELL AGAINST A CAR THAT ONLY WEIGHED 1975 lbs. NOW IT IS TIME TO START MODDING. FIRST TIME I'VE EVER DRIVEN A LOTUS THAT CAR HAS A TRIPPY POWER BAND THAT DOSEN'T START TO KICK IN UNTIL 7000 rpm's. IT WAS A VERY UNCOMFORTABLE SMALL A** CAR, VERY HARD TO GET IN AND OUT OF SINCE I'M 6' TALL.:rockon:

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
OMG YOU MUST HAVE BEEN REALLY ****ING EXCITED BECAUSE IN YOUR HASTE TO POST YOU LEFT THE FUCKING CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON!

Good race though :D

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
ford_racer said:
OMG YOU MUST HAVE BEEN REALLY ****ING EXCITED BECAUSE IN YOUR HASTE TO POST YOU LEFT THE FUCKING CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON!

It is the story that is important not the cap lock being on, but since it is so important to you to point out is this better?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Aren't the elisis or whatever capable of really low 13's? Plus, if it's the same engine as the celica (which I think it is), I would think it would kick in WAY before 7,000rpms since my roommates Scion tC picks up around 5,000?

Oh well. A win is a win.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
01 GT GIRL said:
It is the story that is important not the cap lock being on, but since it is so important to you to point out is this better?

Yes, I know, I was just giving you shit. It's the SVTP way.

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
I would had put my money on the Elise...

2005 Lotus Elise
- 1,796 cc 1.8 liters in-line 4 mid engine with 80 mm bore, 89.3 mm stroke, 11.5 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder 2ZZ-GE
- Unleaded fuel 91
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 9.5 gallon main unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 141 kW , 190 HP DIN @ 7,800 rpm; 138 ft lb , 181 Nm @ 6,800 rpm

but I didn't know it only comes with 190hp at the crank! thats p/w ratio of 10...

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
ACESCOBRA said:
I would had put my money on the Elise...

2005 Lotus Elise
- 1,796 cc 1.8 liters in-line 4 mid engine with 80 mm bore, 89.3 mm stroke, 11.5 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder 2ZZ-GE
- Unleaded fuel 91
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 9.5 gallon main unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 141 kW , 190 HP DIN @ 7,800 rpm; 138 ft lb , 181 Nm @ 6,800 rpm

but I didn't know it only comes with 190hp at the crank! thats p/w ratio of 10...

There's a faster version called the exige which I think is only available overseas that puts out around 260hp (off the top of my head) and I think weighs less. I bet they're fun as hell to drive around a track.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I read an encounter with an Exige here on SVTP. I don't remember where though, somewhere in the east. I want to say North Carolina, but I doubt that's it.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I was wrong, the regular exige is I think basically the same as the elise, but the european "Sport Exige" has 400hp and weighs in at 1874lbs. Anyone that says GM falls back on displacement should read this. The naturally aspirated 3.0 litre V6 puts out all 400 of those horses, and close to 300lbs/ft of torque. A freaking American made powerplant!

Basically, this is the Cobra R of the Elises.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Lotus-Sport-Exige.htm

Sorry to steal the thread GT GIRL. I think I'm done drooling over the euro car. Mustangs are nice, too! I used to own one! :D

bmfgsxr

Established Member
well considering the elise only has a 1.8 liter engine and is capable of running mid 13's bone stock id say you did pretty good. i guess you guys would need to learn how to launch an elise. its kind of like a motorcycle. but those cars were not meant to be fast in a straight line. but they will pull just about a full G on the skid pad in stock form.. either way sounds like fun.

evo connevo

Established Member
you would have to launch the elise at like 5-6000 to get a good quarter mile out of it so it will stay in the high lobe in 1st gear

02StanGT

Established Member
ford_racer said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread