06 GT... Kenne Bell or Procharger ??

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Hi guys... a friend of mine has a Mustang GT (06) ... he's done some small mods to it thus far (exhaust, 4:30 gears, and a few other things)... he's wanting to put a power adder on it... i don't think he plans to tear into the motor anytime soon... he was wondering what the best application between a Procharger and KB would be.... he primarliy wants it for a street car to have fun in with an occasional track visit.... what's the best bang for his buck ?

Thanks

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
the guys at my local shop say that on the 05 and 06 GTs that the kenne bell pulls really hard at low RPM and it feels like it wants to rip the tires off but dies out in the higher RPMs..the procharger is not so aggressive off the line, sort of lags for a split second, but pulls harder then the KB in the higher RPM...so i guess its kinda which ever one you'd rather want.

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
the guys at my local shop say that on the 05 and 06 GTs that the kenne bell pulls really hard at low RPM and it feels like it wants to rip the tires off but dies out in the higher RPMs..the procharger is not so aggressive off the line, sort of lags for a split second, but pulls harder then the KB in the higher RPM...so i guess its kinda which ever one you'd rather want.

MattP 343

Established Member
With those gears go with a centrifugal type blower or Turbo...They are WAY to aggressive to run with a positive displacement blower on the street without sometype of slick - No Traction

I'd def. recommend the procharger...Check out Brenspeed.com they have great products/tuning/customer service

Blown 4-banger

Fixing GM's Mistakes...
Established Member
MattP 343 said:
With those gears go with a centrifugal type blower or Turbo...They are WAY to aggressive to run with a positive displacement blower on the street without sometype of slick - No Traction

I'd def. recommend the procharger...Check out Brenspeed.com they have great products/tuning/customer service
^X2 4.30 gears are high RPM gears, right were the centrifugal likes to be.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Blown 4-banger said:
^X2 4.30 gears are high RPM gears, right were the centrifugal likes to be.
-1, you dont want a centrifigal if the 4.30s are high gears, thats pointless. Go with the KB, as the 4.30s are for accel, the KB will suffice nicely with the 4.30s

MattP 343

Established Member
CobraStang161 said:
-1, you dont want a centrifigal if the 4.30s are high gears, thats pointless. Go with the KB, as the 4.30s are for accel, the KB will suffice nicely with the 4.30s
The reason you don't want 4.30 gears with the KB is because the gears will already give you GREAT acceleration through the powerband and the KB makes gobs of torque down low So it will be very hard to gain traction when both factors meet.

However, centrifugal blowers build boost as they get higher in the RPM range so they pull hardest up top. So now you get the advantage of down low acceleration with the 4.30s and and top end pull of the centri.

ragshockey88

Established Member
like they always say...all that power with no traction is useless....u better tell ur friend to take his sweet time in doing some research or hes gonna be sorry

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
MattP 343 said:
The reason you don't want 4.30 gears with the KB is because the gears will already give you GREAT acceleration through the powerband and the KB makes gobs of torque down low So it will be very hard to gain traction when both factors meet.

However, centrifugal blowers build boost as they get higher in the RPM range so they pull hardest up top. So now you get the advantage of down low acceleration with the 4.30s and and top end pull of the centri.
hrmm, my friends 03 gets pretty good traction with 4.10s and a 2.6L kb :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread