06 Ford Explorer Question

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I posted this in another forum on SVTPerformance but got nothing so I thought I would try here.

I need some help and thought this forum could do just that. This is for my sister's vehicle. It is a 2006 Ford Explorer w/V8. I think the motor is the same they put in the new Mustangs. Anyway, I was riding with her to the store and her vehicle began to surge and then studder then went back to normal. This happened a couple of times. I did not notice it when it was idling. I cleaned the MAF sensor and checked the air filter and looked for any possible vacuum leak. I know vacuum leaks can be hard to detect but could there be anything else that may be the problem. I thought she might have gotten some bad fuel since the vehicle only has 26k.

Thanks,

Dave

logan_yomtov

Established Member
so its still doing it? you didn't really have a question in that post.

Try simply disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes and reconnecting it. if it still does it check the iac.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
No doubt... it's an '06. If you're not over your mileage, take it to the dealership. They'll fix it free of charge.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I told her to take it in but she wanted me to take a look at it and if it was something easy then she would not have too. I don't know about you but going to the dealership to get something fixed can be a pain.

Sapperstang

Established Member
I told her to take it in but she wanted me to take a look at it and if it was something easy then she would not have too. I don't know about you but going to the dealership to get something fixed can be a pain.

And trying to figure it out by yourself isn't?

Users who are viewing this thread