06 Expy or 06 Explorer?

04 Redline

Established Member
The gf needs to trade her crap ass Hyundai. We plan on leasing this on a 36 month, 15k mile term. We both work at our company, so we'll get the d plan on both. Her credit is around 718 so she should be fine. Some things are making this a tough choice though. At first I wanted her to get something that will tow my boat (3000 lbs + equipment, fuel, etc), so a V8 was a must. The explorer V8 will realistically tow 6700 safely, so it is more than enough. And of course the Expy will tow 8700+. But now, I'm selling my boat, so a V8 is not needed. So now a V6 Eddie Bauer is looking more attractive than a V8 Eddue Bauer Expy. I am an advisor at Ford, and those darn Explorer trannies seem to slip around 45K, V6 or V8. But we're leasing, so we won't have it indefinitly. She's happy with whatever, and kids won't happen for probably 2 years, so tons of room is not needed, but the gas consumption is nearly the same. Expy's don't have too many mechanical problems, except for power seat giving out and occasional chopping tires. I'm leaning towards the Explorer. What do you guys think is better? Like I said, it will only be the two of us for a couple of years, and this will be her car. Sorry, could a mod move this to road side pub?

Last edited:

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
04 Redline said:
Like I said, it will only be the two of us for a couple of years, and this will be her car.

you said it yourself, get the explorer. sounds like its all you need for right now, will save u money on gas and its easier for a woman to drive around. best of luck with whatever you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread