'05 Shifters

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
A friend has an '05 GT. Looking through the posts here so far, I'm not seeing any info regarding the aftermarket shifters available for the '05s. Has anyone made the plunge and installed either the Roush, Hurst, or Steeda (the only ones I'm aware of)? Also, please post your impression so far.

Hoof_N_It06 GT

Yes it's dirty,IT'S BLACK
Established Member
i drove an o5 of a buddies with the hurst and i was totally impressed, i just ordered one for my car and i don't even get the car until the end of the month

xsvtcmex

Established Member
I Just Pulled Out The Roush And Put The Stocker Back In. It Rattles Between 2500-3500 Rpms ( Nothing Loose, Just The Design). I Heard That The Hurst Also Rattles A Little. A Little Noisier At Cruising Speed And Really Stiff When Down Shifting. I Had Several Mustangs In The Past With After Market Shifters, They Were All Smoother Than The Roush. The Quietest And Smoothest Of All Was The Mgw In My 03 Cobra.

nbk13nw

Established Member
I installed the Hurst Competition Plus short throw about two weeks ago and really like the change.

No noise at all from the shifter other than the expected "Klunk" when hitting the gears. Very positive on both the up and down shifts. I find it almost impossible to miss a gear unless your trying to do so.

More pressure is definitely needed to move through the gears, but the 2nd to 3rd shift is so natural now as compared to the stock shifter.

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
i have my steeda tri-ax. i have always loved the tri-ax shifters. shifter gates are a little tight at first but once you get the hang of it, then hang on. I would recommend the tri-ax. If you have the oppertunity i would test it first

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Here at the shop we are doing alot of B&M & Hurst shifters.. alot of our customers are happy with the results of both those shifters.. Here is also a intersting fact.** B&M is also the company that made the Shifter for the GT40**

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
Is there any indication that MGW is actually working on an application for the '05s -- or is this just a pipe dream?
I am aware of which companies currently offer models for the '05s. I am more interested in finding out, if anyone has driven '05s equipped with the different shifters available. I realize that personal preference will play a part. But, if someone has a Hurst in their own '05, and driven a friend's '05 equipped with a Steeda Tri-ax -- that is the type of comparison I am looking for.

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
I've had 2 of my customers pull the B&M out and put por 5.0 in .... didn't like the throw or height on the knob

Users who are viewing this thread