05 Saleen ProCharged with 315's !!!

R1Lello

Established Member
Yes they fit, this is my buddys car. System just installed with stock pulley supplied at 9 psi. Tires are 315/35/20's on Saleen 10"rims and they fit, no rub at all. Photos will be on my website in the next day or two @
www.ultimatemustangs.org as this one doesn't seem to allow me. Can someone help?? Car ran about 15 times on the weekend flawlessly. With stock gearing and street radial ran a best of 12.5 but at 119 mph !!!! Taller tire hurts the launch but more gear going in this week.

bossskip302

Established Member
A friend of mine is sponsered by Procharger and is trying to talk me into putting one on the 05' my concern as not being a dragracer but the car is used for road course would the motor hold up to roadrace conditions with a Procharger system?

Thanks,

Skip

R1Lello

Established Member
:beer:

All I can say is my buddy at his shop called Ultimate Racing (bigtime Ford gearhead) installed it for the owner. Very nice and clean install. We witnessed 15 plus runs back to back without any probs at 9 psi. He's going back in a week with a better clutch (suspected some slippage with 150hp added on) and more gear in the diff, probably 4:10's

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
bossskip302 said:
A friend of mine is sponsered by Procharger and is trying to talk me into putting one on the 05' my concern as not being a dragracer but the car is used for road course would the motor hold up to roadrace conditions with a Procharger system?

Thanks,

Skip

Probably should change the internals...

TehSleeper

R1Lello said:
:beer:

All I can say is my buddy at his shop called Ultimate Racing (bigtime Ford gearhead) installed it for the owner. Very nice and clean install. We witnessed 15 plus runs back to back without any probs at 9 psi. He's going back in a week with a better clutch (suspected some slippage with 150hp added on) and more gear in the diff, probably 4:10's
4.10's? Good luck getting tractions, I'd say 3.90's at most.

rmgtc01

Established Member
I agree. My buddy has a S/c saleen with 20's and is looking to put 315's on his aftermarket rims for better traction. He has 4:10's and 1st and 2nd seem useless, they are scary in the rain as well.

What tires did you go with? He is having trouble choosing with so few reputable brands having that size available right now.

sqidd

Established Member
I have BFG Copt TA KD's on my car. They are 295's. I am bone stock aside from an X pipe and axel back. After one burn out the tires are so sticky they will barely turn over! I know I am only playing with 300 horse or so, but the tires work great! I'm no drag racer though, so "slick like" performance I don't care about much.

I'm going to start bolting my Kenne Bell on today though. We'll see how the tires like that:D

MattP 343

Established Member
R1Lello said:
:rockon:

Photos are up.........www.ultimatemustangs.org

Check it out
maybe you should try to post a direct link...or just host pictures cause Im having to navigate through the entire site to try to find the pics.

edit: just realized i was looking in the wrong place...Its over on the left hand side of the screen under "Featured Cars"
Pics...
http://www.ultimatemustangs.org/photoalbum/detail.asp?ID=150
http://www.ultimatemustangs.org/photoalbum/detail.asp?ID=149

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread