05 R6 vs. Pullied Cobra, told you it was coming...

Boost231

Established Member
r6

well just my 2 cents is you need to learn to shift faster and also you need to tuck more. if you tuck more you will pull alot harder because of less wind resistance.

Natec

Established Member
There aint no R6 out EVER to this day that can run a 9.96, or 9'S PERIOD... ive never even heard a stock one hitting 10's... now when i say stock i mean NO EXHAUST... nothing! do your research first...t he new kawasaki zx-6r rated at a 10 flat.. and its the fastest 600 cc bike out right now... but i have two buddies iwth r'6s and the fastest one of them has seen is an 11.60 so far... its got more in it but our elevation up here sucks to... but anyways beyhond it all no r6 runs 9's period :p, a stock one wont at least

BrokeUoff

Banned
Boost231 said:
well just my 2 cents is you need to learn to shift faster and also you need to tuck more. if you tuck more you will pull alot harder because of less wind resistance.
typical response to any car vs. bike vid. Oh, and also "you launched at too low rpm's" :shrug:

fubu795

Banned
Natec said:
There aint no R6 out EVER to this day that can run a 9.96, or 9'S PERIOD... ive never even heard a stock one hitting 10's... now when i say stock i mean NO EXHAUST... nothing! do your research first...t he new kawasaki zx-6r rated at a 10 flat.. and its the fastest 600 cc bike out right now... but i have two buddies iwth r'6s and the fastest one of them has seen is an 11.60 so far... its got more in it but our elevation up here sucks to... but anyways beyhond it all no r6 runs 9's period :p, a stock one wont at least

I understand your saying stock. The may issue of sport rider they took a stock r6, and lowered it 3 inches, and ran 9.96 with that being the only mod. And it was the fastest 600 they ever tested. So when you compare facts, its obvious the bike has done it, and I also know it takes an excellent rider. I am no way saying I could do it, but I can guarantee ill get mid 10's, I'll post the vids to show you.

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
Natec said:

I'm sorry to here about your buddies only running 11;60 on their stock R6's. Sounds to me like someone needs some driving lessons. I have an amlost stock 2000 ZX6-R, 10 less hp then most of the new 600 class bikes have and i can run consist 10.70 with my bike. the only thing done to my bike is a slip on Micron pipe, not even full exhaust. My bike is not lowered or anything, Theres a guy that has a bike just like mine with an D&D slip on pipe and he's lowered turning 10:40's. Anytime anyone would like to doubt this i can be found at Fayetteville Motor Sports Park in N.C.I'm at almost every Freaky Friday event ( all night drag race).
handy_2.jpg

wheelie_1.jpg

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Natec said:

You can now insert your foot as far into your mouth as it will fit, because it seems that you have stepped out and not done your research.

Blackhalo

Established Member
not too bad you should be able to walk the cobra better than that though. How much do you weigh? If your a heavier guy your going to kill the performance on a 600.. you didnt look big but who knows. Ive rode with my girl and i can notice a huuuge difference in power. Anyways take it to the twisties and see who can keep up than :0

Natec

Established Member
Whitten said:
You can now insert your foot as far into your mouth as it will fit, because it seems that you have stepped out and not done your research.

how bout you pull your head out of your ass and smell the roses... tell me then if a 600 cc bike with just slip on exhaust is clinching low 10's why in the hell isnt a 750 running 9's? how come r1's and cbr 1000's, gixers? arent running LOW 9's or damn near 8's?? plz feel free to fill me in... till then place your head back up your ass and dont speak b\c you have no ****ing clue what your talking about! go to www.uponone.com they have a zx-10r running traps of equal to a 9 second pass but i in no way believe nor have ever seen any one out of 6 riders with 600 cc bikes that i know ever clinch a 10... the best ive seen from a damn good rider on a 750 was an 11 flat... our elevation sux balls here (lubbock texas, aka texas tech) , i could see maybe in ennis texas in the DFW area running a high 10 ... but on a 600? you better have a big sprocket, have the bitch lowered , exhaust and then some... because until then i dont see on a heavy ass 2000 zx6-r putting down prolly not even barely 100 hp, to run 10 70's especially on that bike!
the new zx-6r's yes... but not your model... i hear the new zx-6r is rated at a 10 flat !!!! :pepper: thinken about getting one.

oh and just fyi... heres some common sense for ya... look at the video posted it hink yesterday where its a cobra that has run a best of 11.20's beat, and was beaten by a stock r6.... theres several runs and its kind of even... and take it,THATS FROM A ROLL... a bike is not easy by anymeans to take off... and pull consistant low 60ft' times... so base it from that for all you know it alls and tell me that the car is running 10's or 9's and that his times must be wrong b\c an r6 will run 10's... if you have a bike or have some knowledge feel free to debate i dont want to argue... but for jackasses like this douche bag who felt like commenting on me... just stfu :cuss:
to continue....
no slip on exhaust is throwing a 600 cc bike into the 10's ....
At least not where i live...

and just fyi im not saying your bike cant run 10's but stock... i dont care if its a 10.99... it AINT HAPPENEN! :fart:

Last edited:

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
Natec said:
but for jackasses like this douche bag who felt like commenting on me... just stfu :cuss:
to continue....

and just fyi im not saying your bike cant run 10's but stock... i dont care if its a 10.99... it AINT HAPPENEN! :fart:

For starters Pal, kick back and relax, I in no way was flaming you directly. If you took it that way then , my bad. So you can take your personally attacks and blow them out your a$$. I was simiply stating that my bike runs 10:70's all day long with just a slip on pipe. I can prove this to anyone that would like to show up at the Fayetteville dragway. I have nothing to hide....nothing to loose....

But who knows, I may not know what I am talking about, I have only been riding bikes for about 9 years.................

B.T.W. where do you and your novice friends on R6's race, Mt.Everest ?

P.S. my "heavy ass bike"(as you so nicely point out) only weighs 378lbs........and the new R6 weighs in at what 360lbs. ewwwww 18 whole pounds, and to think I lost 10lbs of that when I changed my muffler.

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Natec said:
how bout you pull your head out of your ass and smell the roses... tell me then if a 600 cc bike with just slip on exhaust is clinching low 10's why in the hell isnt a 750 running 9's? how come r1's and cbr 1000's, gixers? arent running LOW 9's or damn near 8's?? plz feel free to fill me in... till then place your head back up your ass and dont speak b\c you have no ****ing clue what your talking about! go to www.uponone.com they have a zx-10r running traps of equal to a 9 second pass but i in no way believe nor have ever seen any one out of 6 riders with 600 cc bikes that i know ever clinch a 10... the best ive seen from a damn good rider on a 750 was an 11 flat... our elevation sux balls here (lubbock texas, aka texas tech) , i could see maybe in ennis texas in the DFW area running a high 10 ... but on a 600? you better have a big sprocket, have the bitch lowered , exhaust and then some... because until then i dont see on a heavy ass 2000 zx6-r putting down prolly not even barely 100 hp, to run 10 70's especially on that bike!
the new zx-6r's yes... but not your model... i hear the new zx-6r is rated at a 10 flat !!!! :pepper: thinken about getting one.

oh and just fyi... heres some common sense for ya... look at the video posted it hink yesterday where its a cobra that has run a best of 11.20's beat, and was beaten by a stock r6.... theres several runs and its kind of even... and take it,THATS FROM A ROLL... a bike is not easy by anymeans to take off... and pull consistant low 60ft' times... so base it from that for all you know it alls and tell me that the car is running 10's or 9's and that his times must be wrong b\c an r6 will run 10's... if you have a bike or have some knowledge feel free to debate i dont want to argue... but for jackasses like this douche bag who felt like commenting on me... just stfu :cuss:
to continue....

Shit man you do need to chill out. You obviously have not read the entire post here. The 2005 R6 is running 9.96 with nothing more than being lowered. I know you are all hot and bothered by how awesome it is to live in Lubbock TX...believe I know I have lived there, but seriously there is no need to argue this issue, it has been proven and it was done in a magazine wof which everyone else here has read. I personally have seen a stock 05 R6 run a through the traps at pace to the tune of 10.53. If you want for me to explain to you why other bikes even 750's may not be running that quick I can sum it up with one word Aerodynamics. Much past 110 mph Aero becomes more important than overall power. This can be seen in videos that have equal horsepower i.e. Corvette vs. Cobra. It all boils down to your drag coefficient, and I am sorry but no ammount of smooth helmet with cool jacket is going to be as aerodynamic as a smooth surface. If you would like me to expound on drag coeffiecents I would be more than happy. So there are your answers let me know if I have left any explanations out.

Now back to the video at hand I really see no point in continuing the whose dick is bigger arguement it is fact that an R6 stock has trapped in the 9's albeit high nines...belaboring that point is redundant and foolish. True older models might not, but we weren't discussing them.

Now if you will excuse me apparently I have lost my head up my ass somewhere...I don't know how that happened but I never argue when someone says that it is. (since that is my default position)

Natec

Established Member
bel dooch i was refering to whitten... im not upset im just in denial more i guess.. well for one if you have lived in lubbock than you know that for #1 most stock gt's run 15 flats here, a 14.6 at best ive ever heard or seen... 03 and 04 cobras run 13.3's to 13 flats... its rediculous...ls1's ive seen a best of a 13.6 from one guy... all the rest are around 13.8 to 14.00 and your zx-6r puts out how much horsepower? thats more on the level im refering to!... another thing.. who said anything about novice riders?

kwkshift

Established Member
The 9.96 R6 in the magazines was lowered, strapped and had one tooth taken out of the front sprocket. It was also ridden by one of the best, if not the best drag bike rider in the country.

fubu795: When you are at WOT, preload the shifter with your foot, (pulling up). Once you blip the throttle with a flick of the wrist, the transmission will jump right into the next gear in a split second.

o3Edge777

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Nice Vid,

we all know that Dan is not a professional rider (no offense) he even said it himself, that Cobra is sick, and he can drive the hell out of it, everyone needs to stop arguing about bikes... A Modded 03 Cobra with a good driver hung RIGHT with an R6 with a new(er) rider,
That Cobra is fast!

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Natec said:
bel dooch i was refering to whitten... im not upset im just in denial more i guess.. well for one if you have lived in lubbock than you know that for #1 most stock gt's run 15 flats here, a 14.6 at best ive ever heard or seen... 03 and 04 cobras run 13.3's to 13 flats... its rediculous...ls1's ive seen a best of a 13.6 from one guy... all the rest are around 13.8 to 14.00 and your zx-6r puts out how much horsepower? thats more on the level im refering to!... another thing.. who said anything about novice riders?

Dude I totally feel your pain. Elevation is a major killer of performance. Just come down to Auburn and we will go race at a place more sea level...it will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that you car or bike is faster. I say it is, because of being lower in elevation but my friends in Atlanta seem to think cars go faster in Alabama because it sucks...to be honest I think we are both right. The cool thing is that we don't have to do emmisions like the A-holes in Atlanta, which means I should probably go change my registration to Alabama.

Good Run FUBU, I enjoyed the video as well as the laughs. Natec gimmie a shout if you are ever in this neck of the woods love to meet ya. Same to you Dan. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread