05 Mustang vs 05 GTO poll

fordification

Established Member
Hey guys, is there any off-topic members in here? This is kinda childish I know, but there's a poll going on and the Mustang lead for most of the poll, but I think there were some chevy guys brought in to pad the poll. The GTO is leading 148 to 136. We need some support!

Just register and go to this thread.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1612039&page=1&pp=25

I think this has become a vendetta now. These guys piss me off. :cuss:

Can you guys help out?

fordification

Established Member
'Off-topic' is kind of a halfway house where everyone converges. And there's alot of Ford haters in there right now.

QuikGT

Banned
Why is everyone hatin on the new GT? I think its looks are awesome and when i test drove one it seemed pretty responsive and seemed to have lots of potential. :)

03CobraBro

Established Member
BAD 97 WS-6 said:
Sorry, if I had to choose, it would be thr GTO. The 100 hp advantage is a big reason why.

Ironically its 100hp advantage only makes it about a tenth or 2 faster than the 300hp 05 Mustang GT. With that in mind I'd take the Mustang GT, and the fact the Mustang GT puts out better slalom times makes it a hella deal when your talking about a 10 grand difference in price.

97LT1Ws6

Elty Juan
Established Member
03CobraBro said:
Ironically its 100hp advantage only makes it about a tenth or 2 faster than the 300hp 05 Mustang GT. With that in mind I'd take the Mustang GT, and the fact the Mustang GT puts out better slalom times makes it a hella deal when your talking about a 10 grand difference in price.

not to be a car and driver fanboy but they got an 05gt was 13.8 @103 and the 05 gto 13.3@ 107 mph. id say compared to other reviews that the gto is about a half a second quicker on average. i could see a gto hittin 12.9 and a new mustang hittin 13.5 with the right driver mod. if i had the choice if would be the gto only with the sport appearance package. IMO its nowhere near good looking but hell 400hp and 6 gears :D

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
97LT1Ws6 said:
not to be a car and driver fanboy but they got an 05gt was 13.8 @103 and the 05 gto 13.3@ 107 mph. id say compared to other reviews that the gto is about a half a second quicker on average. i could see a gto hittin 12.9 and a new mustang hittin 13.5 with the right driver mod. if i had the choice if would be the gto only with the sport appearance package. IMO its nowhere near good looking but hell 400hp and 6 gears :D

A slightly modded 05' GT.
http://dfwstangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225196

I'm sure a stock one is easily capable of quicker than 13.5. Didn't someone get a 13.4 out of an auto GT before they were released to the public?

fordification

Established Member
Are you guys serious? I'm really having my doubts about the credibility of this forum. I'm really thinking this site has been high-jacked from other forums.

Taking all opinioins aside and looking at the facts, you would take the GTO which costs roughly $10,000 more, weighs 300lbs more, and needs premium high grade fuel full time, just to run a little quicker in the quarter????

A 6 liter making 400hp, 100hp more then the 4.6 with a 1.4 liter handicap?

And why exactly, are the sales for the GTO faltering then?

And why on a Ford site do I have to prove my point once again?

fordification

Established Member
97LT1Ws6 said:

hahaha, and did anyone notice the size of tires that GTO was running? Ya, I saw that video too. The new Mustang is running 235/55/17's.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Not taking sides, but being beat by .5 sec and 4 mph is getting you a$$ kicked in the 1/4. The Mustang does look better, but the GTO is simply faster. You can't compare what tires they have or compression ratio, it is they way they are from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread