fa04d173.jpg

fa04d1a3.jpg

CobraRLC

Established Member
Thanks George for posting the pics....
drop me a pm so we can get back up to speed since McCoy Mills BBQ

2stangBK

Established Member
I can already picture it with Skinnies and ET Streets, some tint and springs to get rid of that space in the wheel well! IMO, Looking cool! Thanks for the pics!

mikep01

Established Member
its going tot take some time for it to sink in. i think it wold look better withe the cover on the rear window like the factory 65's.

seunglee

Established Member
the fog lights look terrible. the lights look terrible. EVen more terrible than our mustangs.

I want nice HEADLIGHTS!!! I think that even if you invest on a HID system, we do not have projector bulbs that make the beam small and crisp. Ive seen projectors on 95-98 mustangs, but none on 99 and up.

HAs anyone????

2000-S6

Established Member
having owned both a 98 GT and 98 Cobra before my S6, i really like fords too. however, i think the exterior of the 05 is a step down from the "new edge style" of the 99+'s.
where do you go from here? from new edge to retro...then what, pre retro?? maybe back to new edge?
i really hope this redesigned mustang does not go the way of the T Bird (flopped).
the interior is a welcome breath of fresh air, as is the increased power, but i do not like the retro look. i pray that the cobra gets its own identity...
by the way, anyone know why the mach 1 engine was not used instead of the 3V? does the 3V make more power?

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Guys, guys, guys settle down for a minute. Remember this is only the first year for the car. There is no way that ford is going to make the baseline GT look anywhere near the concept. Gotta have patience and faith in what vehicles will come out in the future, as they will more than likely showcase alot of the concepts ideas. For example lets have a look and rememberace at the years of transition of the SN95 between 95 and 96 a little bit changed with reguards to taillights, bumpers, and engine choices. then between 99-2000 alot changed, you could get smoked headlights, cobra specific taillights, different side scoops, hood scoops,spoiler options.

My point is this Ford is going to reserve some of the more tricked out options like the scoops where the rear quarter windows are, duel hood scoops, shelby taillights, and different fog lights for the SVT, and the SHelby cars. Just have patience and trust me when I say that your desires for the concept have not been dashed or ignored, they have been noted and put on the shelf to sell after they debut the GT and v6 coupes. Another thing to think about here is that from the years 64 1/2 to 66 the mustangs frunt end was a little more reserved than what the concept preesented, however in 67 the car became more sleek and agressive. I really think that ford is going to pull the same stunt with the 66/06-67/07 Cobras, and Shelbys. Just think of it from a money stand point, if you can sell the heck out of something because it resembles the concept, then think about what you could sell when it almost looks identical. Ford will use that little style change on down the road to keep sales elevated.

Users who are viewing this thread