05+ maf the same as F150?

00stang37

Established Member
Does anyone know if the 05+ GT MAF is the same as the F150 or other models?

I checked with the local junkyard to see if they had any available and was told they have some for $30 including the housing and they fit the mustang, focus, fusion, Taurus, F150, etc...

My car is a 2000GT and I have a MAFIA unit for it to use with my stock MAF but it seems like the drivability may suffer in a blow thru set up. 400rwhp and 10# max is what I'm shooting for with a P1SC so its nothing crazy.

Another question is the 05+ maf with the MAFIA vs VMP's 75mm set-up ( http://vmptuning.com/mass-air-products/hpx75mm/ )
From searching it looks as if the VMP is the better option, but having the mafia already, will I see and better drivability/tuning by ditching the MAFIA and getting the VMP as opposed to saving the money and using the 05+ maf?

Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
Usually the sensor is the same or similar across vehicles and the difference is in the tune. I'd check part numbers and see if they're the same.

Your MAFia won't work with the 05+ sensor. The slot style has a different style plug. Something to consider when looking for a new MAF set up.

00stang37

Established Member
I was planning on grabbing a plug for an 05+ and splicing it into the MAFIA. Might need 2 of the 05 plugs to make the MAFIA work

Also if the sensor is the same, would I be better of with a 75mm housing to match the inter cooler tubing of the normal 80mm size of the 05+ if they differ among models?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
FWIW keeping the pipe for the MAF the same size as the rest of the pipe is ideal. It won't cause turbulence around the MAF this way.

00stang37

Established Member
Grabbed 2 clips and a maf sensor from a fusion. Part number is 3L3A-12B579-BA which is the same as the 05+ mustangs so now I'll grab a flange and tubing or VMP's housing for $100. Should work with the mafia.

Users who are viewing this thread