05 Lincoln LS kills LS1 GTO... Video inside...

rocket5979

Established Member
Took the LS to the track today and have a little fun. Ran a new best ET of 13.3 @ 106 MPH in the LS. I also ran into yet another GTO driver that cannot drive their car worth a damn. Nothing against all other GTO owners, however all but one GTO owner I seen cannot drive their car to save their life. Needless to say, even though I ran a pretty crappy time against him I still won by a decent margin.

05 LS -vs- LS1 GTO

Last edited:

rocket5979

Established Member
Emin said:
good race, how do u like ur car?

I am pretty content with it as my daily driver. Decently quick when still running N/A and even quicker when running the juice. Of course I satisfy my real racing urges with my 2003 Ford Explorer sleeper vehicle; which is why I am content with low 13's - high 12's in the LS.

rocket5979

Established Member
Snorman said:
LMAO...how fast is that Explorer? 2wd?
That thing looks pretty awesome from your sig.
S.

Once I get it back together again it will be good for 11's. Next year if I can afford it I will do some more mods and add a small shot of nitrous to the X and see if I can hit 10's with it.

rocket5979

Established Member
C6 Vette said:
LS1's are great motors but under the hood of a fat pig like the GTO is'nt doing much.

Yeah they are fine motors. Now that I think about it I don't feel too bad for that GTO owner. After all my car does weigh a little less (to my knowledge) and if he is anywhere near stock then I am making close to as much at my rear tires than he is making at the crank.

At least I got a few opportunities to run some respectable cars, instead of the poser ricer crowd. I never find any decent races on the street.

rocket5979

Established Member
captain4g63 said:
Lets hear/see more about your Exlpoder. Sounds pretty badass. I love sleepers.

Ok. I do have a thread on it in here somewhere but I post a little about it.

2003 Ford Explorer w/ 4.6 SOHC modular V8.

Performance Modlist:

Kenne Bell 2.2 (20 lbs boost)
VT Billet 4.6 shortblock
Art Carr Extreme 4R70W
Baumannator TCS
KB 8 rib swap w/ 8.5" crankover
GI Joe Gripper Plate
SCT Xcal2 Pro Racer Package
SCT BA2800 MAS
Meziere elec water pump
JBA headers
JLT Cobra CAI
Accufab Big Oval TB
Seimens Deka 60 lb inj's
Steeda Fuel Rails
Dual Ford GT fuel pumps
Aeromotive A-1000 FPR
KBX custom return fuel system
KB BAS
2.5" Dual Flowmaster 40 exhaust
PA-Perf 170 amp alt
Flex-a-lite 210B elec fans
Innovative LC-1 Wideband

Planning on making over 500rwhp with no head/cam work.

Next summer when I finally get off my butt and buy the heads and cams for the Explorer I will also drop a little 75 shot in it too along with a custom DSS level 5 rear.

After that I will be making.......well......I will be making one hell of alot more HP over 600 at the wheels I know that. :lol:

I am dropping the engine tranny combo in Monday or Tuesday depending on weather. Then I just got to hook all of it back up, install alot of my front end, put finishing touches on the wiring for the Baumann standalone TCS, A/C, remeasure/order my custom driveshaft from DSS, rent a dyno and tune it with my SCT PRP. Look for my thread if you want all the details. I have put alot of design/wrench/fab/wiring time and gobs of money into this project. It will be nice to be done.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Nice kill, but we have a few GTSLOWS down here that run pretty good. Still I love the LS. I bet nobody sees that one comin. Nice.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
C6 Vette said:
LS1's are great motors but under the hood of a fat pig like the GTO is'nt doing much.

Really C6? :dw:

Nice run rocket. A trap of 100 seems like he missed the 3-4 shift (crap driver like you said). When I was stock I ran 13.5s at 105.

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Doc GTO, u back from your hunt. We're gonna be at SGMP on Dec. 2. Me, CantDrv55 and I think LastRites. Probably some others as well. I know we got another guy bringin his supercharged 350z. He's been talkin alotta sh** and we cant wait to see him run. You should come up. I still think we would be a good match up. Always up for a good grudge race.

rocket5979

Established Member
Doc GTO said:
Nice run rocket. A trap of 100 seems like he missed the 3-4 shift (crap driver like you said). When I was stock I ran 13.5s at 105.

The 3-4 shift??? Damn how early are the stocker GTO owners having to shift before the traps? I wind my engine out to 7,000 rpms and then about 10 feet before the traps I nudge it to 4th gear just so I don't hit my rev limiter. The shift to 4th gear shouldn't have much affect on either ET or trap speed because by that time your already coasting fast enough for it to have little bearing on your time or speed.

What gear were you going through the traps at when you were stock?

Bluegoat06

Cam Only LS2 Powered
Established Member
GTO's have a 1.43 3rd gear with a 3.46 final drive.
i would imagine a stock LS1 GTO should be shifting at 6000-6100rpm?? that's around 95-96mph from 3rd to 4th. 100mph at 6500rpm for a stock ls2 GTO.

good kill, but not fair when you kill impaired drivers.... what do ls's run at the 1/4 mile stock?? 15's??, 280hp and 3600lbs in bone stock trim., geezz :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread