05 GTO vs 04 Cobra

JasonSnake

Established Member
no sportsmanship.. but sounds like a good kill on your part. I raced an 05 GTO but I think he was playing with me cause he was only 1.5 car lengths ahead @ 100'ish when we did a 55 roll. I felt that he could have done better cause I'm driving a slow 98 Cobra..

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
Ran into a 04 cobra mods are bassani cat back, y pipe, and predator tuner.

My 05 Gto mods are 160 thermostat, predator tuner, and a new air filter.

First race we started at 40 mph I had him by about a car and half til 100. He says he missed second.

2nd race we started about 30 mph i jumped out about a car and half, then he passed me and put a half car on me at 90, then I came around him at 100 and pulled on him by about a car til around 110.

3rd race was pretty much the same result as the first one. Except he was on my back bumper.

4th race we started at 45 and I jumped out about a half car then at 90 he passed me by about a 1/4-1/2 car and held his lead til 110. I think both our cars were probably heat soaked.

Dude was pissed and ignored me after the races he would barely talk to me or look at me. He was probably a lil younger then me I'm 20 he was maybe around 17-18. Oh and the dude said that when we would race he had to start with his car at 2k or he would just spin. I guess his driver mod is on backorder. :poke:

:dw:

MrRob96fs

U like them spinnin tires
Established Member
30% car, 70% driver is what I say. Good kill though. I am wondering why a cobra would have a y pipe though? ???

mebetter

Established Member
30% car, 70% driver is what I say. Good kill though. I am wondering why a cobra would have a y pipe though? ???

Sorry he probably said X pipe I couldn't really hear what mods he told me he had, because he really didn't even really want to talk to me, he looked away from me and faced his friends when he talked to me.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Good kill.

BTW, doesn't your full weight GTO weigh like 3600lbs? :D

My full weight ls2 GTO weighs in at 3760 with me in it and that's spare and all.

That's the lightest stock GTO on the planet!

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Good kill man, I hate poor sports like that. Way to put the bitch in his place. There is a pretty mean sounding GTO around here that I wanna run, I don't know what all is done but I'd say at least cam and exhaust so I am assuming intake and maybe heads too. They sound pretty bad ass when cammed, I dig it.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Well actually that was with next to nil gas in it. I weighed it last night and with a tank of gas it came in the mid 3800's. Also it helps that I weigh 145-150. Believe it or not I've heard that the cobras have a curb weight of 3600 as well.

Cobras have a curb weight of 3665lbs, M6 GTOs have a curb weight of 3725lbs, and A4s have a curb weight of 3774lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread