05 GT with JLT Series 2 w/ Saleen Blower...idle issue

greengt88

Established Member
Hi i have an 05 GT with some boltons.....i installed the new Jlt series 2 intake for saleen blowers.....i had a mail order tune from Brenspeed installed in it....idled fine for a few weeks then took to Southern Stables Speed in Shrewsbury PA for a dyno tune...well now i have a blip while idling. rpm drops sharply then is fine again...does it fairly often....tuner is trying to blame it on the intake saying that its too big, its a garbage can and i should get a steeda that will fix everything....sounds to me like he just wants to sell an intake....this was a non issue before he tuned it...ive also never heard of an intake being too big on a twin screw blower. im wondering if the maf might be out of limits? car was at 4lbs boost with stock saleen pulley....i added 39# injextors, bbk longtubes and catted x pipe...now switched to smaller pulley and gt500 dual fuel pumps...i got another mail order tune from brenspeed as a base so car can be driven and idle blip still exists....car has good vaccuum at idle...has correct autolite ht plugs....im stumped....help please of any sort?! car runs well otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread