'05 GT pics

CGoeschel

Established Member
Took some shots of my new '05 GT. Traded the '04 Cobra to get it until the new Cobra comes out sometime next year.
Pictures%2FDSCN1664.JPG

Pictures%2FDSCN1667.JPG

Pictures%2FDSCN1679.JPG

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
Took some shots of my new '05 GT. Traded the '04 Cobra to get it until the new Cobra comes out sometime next year.

You got rid of your 04 Cobra (less than a year old) to get a 05 GT that will will perhaps keep until you get an 07 CObra in 06?? Do you just enjoy paying sale's tax or something? :-D

Seriously though. Why did you step down to the GT if you're only keeping it for a year or so?

CGoeschel

Established Member
The story goes something like this......I bought an '03 10th Anniversary Cobra coupe in August of '03.....traded that in for an '04 Cobra vert in December '03....traded that in on an '04 Cobra coupe in May of '04 and then traded that in on my '05 GT. I really liked the Cobra's, but for my size...6'3" the new interior fits me much better. The new chassis platform is worlds better in stiffness, and the retro interior/exterior just said "BUY ME!!" The Shaker 1000 kicks as well over the Mach 460 and Ive got several plans for some appearance mods until the next gen Cobra comes out. Dont forget, Im a sales manager at one of the local Ford stores, so Im buying/trading them right (most of the time) :beer: . I cant say enough how much I like this new car! Yes it's noticably slower than the Cobra's that it replaced, but to tell you the truth, the GT has a very nice powerband and plenty of power for me until the new Cobra comes out and then you'll see me posting some pics of that one. Hopefully not the red X's that are showing up on this post though. ;-)

tapout632

Established Member
Holy shit man and I thought I was changing cars so much. In less than a year I had a 1994 Mustang V6, traded it in for a 1996 Mustang GT then I traded that in for the 2001 Cobra now (when I find a 2004 Cobra I am trading it in for that) Do you have plenty of the fianances to pay a lot more money or does the trade in just cover for most of it? For my first trade in it covered the cost of the car then I owed like $3,000 more for the GT and when I got the '01 their trade in value was about $4,000 so I only got like $1,000 towards the cobra. I can't imagine to know how my financial payments will be if I get an 04 cobra and then trading that in for sure for the 2007 cobra, but I am still desperate for an 04 cobra.

tapout632

Established Member
I see that you live in Vegas, by any chance, were you at Nellis today? I saw an exact color Mustang like that by the commisary and it's the first one I've seen in person so far. It definatley looks better in person.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Told you that you would take a beating CG. It is going to be worse when I post here that my red turtle gave you a run for your money.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Yea....its not the Cobra, but it holds its own. Two very different machines, both with their good and bad points. It's definitely slower than the Cobra, and doesnt handle the twisties like the IRS, but the rest of the car is worlds better than the SN95 platform that it replaces. Fit and finish are top notch and the inside materials and exterior look are second to none. The seats are crap compared to the Cobra though. Ive been driving it around for a few days now in Las Vegas and I can tell you that Ive never had people actually turn their cars around and chase me to get a look at it and ask me questions like they do in this one. Im sure because its so new and their arent that many around yet, but its a different feel driving something retro that alot of other people can identify with. Trust me, when the Cobra version comes out, Ill probably be one of the very first on this board to have one..........but till then...........Im lovin' this GT. Let the mods begin!!

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I duno, still needs to grow on me
but I do love them modified.

Users who are viewing this thread