05 gt heads onto 04 5.4 modular block???

Shaun hopper

Hi all not sure where best place to post

I've the 04 5.4 modular engine it's from Australian Ford falcon,.
Am removing the intake etc, want to fit a blower a friend is a cnc machine guy so machining and adapting isn't a issue, however I've been offered gt 05 heads and intake which will take the 2.3 Keane bell I believe,

So I currently have the c type heads and they have the blue tick so presumably the modifications have been done at the factory already

Will I benefit from purchasing the gt heads and fitted 2.3 blower compared to getting standard stock gt 500 intake and making that fit to my current condition type heads and fitted eaton m122 gt500 stock blower?
Gt heads have 16 injectors and look to have had porting work done etc

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Unless you can tune or want big power when you need 16 injectors, the standard GT500 intake will except all GT500 blower upgrades, more selection than GT likely.
Any pics? What build goals?
-J

Shaun hopper

Unless you can tune or want big power when you need 16 injectors, the standard GT500 intake will except all GT500 blower upgrades, more selection than GT likely.
Any pics? What build goals?
-J
Thanks for the reply,

Yes totally agree, will they fit?
I've tried to upload pics but failed - should I try photo bucket or something?
So the intake I hear is the same as gt500? Just the heads that are different albeit the intake has 16 injectors, can fit 8dummies if I needed to whilst building power or not use 8 for now

My thoughts are to build big power if I'm to go this route
So would these heads flow more than my current c type heads? Ie is there much benefit in a forced induction environment? Na engine then it would make sense

Will try to upload pics

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have no idea what heads you have, but the GT heads are also stock on '07-14 GT500s and are the best modular 4.6/5.8 available. Not sure what your C heads are or what parts adapt, but I'm guessing they can work between the modular family.
Not sure what you're paying, but the GT500 parts should be cheaper and easier to find parts for.
-J

Shaun hopper

I have no idea what heads you have, but the GT heads are also stock on '07-14 GT500s and are the best modular 4.6/5.8 available. Not sure what your C heads are or what parts adapt, but I'm guessing they can work between the modular family.
Not sure what you're paying, but the GT500 parts should be cheaper and easier to find parts for.
-J
I have a 04 5.4 modular engine currently
It has the c type heads that are 4v heads
I'm thinking cost will be around £1000 for the heads and intake
If these just bolt onto my 04 block then it will save me hassle possibly as I'm not sure if 07 onwards gt500 intake will bolt onto my c type 04 heads?

I can't upload a pic? Says file to large for this server

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You would need to do some research, but all GT500s run the GT supercar head castings. I think the GT and GT500 intakes have some minor bolt differences but do interchange. The benefits of GT500 parts are they are generally cheaper and there are more blower upgrades for GT500 than GT.
But if you can get true GT parts for same or less than GT500, go for it as they will hold value.
-J

Shaun hopper

You would need to do some research, but all GT500s run the GT supercar head castings. I think the GT and GT500 intakes have some minor bolt differences but do interchange. The benefits of GT500 parts are they are generally cheaper and there are more blower upgrades for GT500 than GT.
But if you can get true GT parts for same or less than GT500, go for it as they will hold value.
-J
Thanks for the info, I didn't know the gt500 uses these gt heads

The intake has 16 injectors, did Any gt500 have this or is it gt only ?

How much power can a stock engine cope with?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread