05 GT blower Q

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
K, guys. I have noticed my dad looking at some Superchargers and etc. The warrantee on this 05 GT runs out in about 3 years and I was wondering what current system looks like it is the best? I saw a mag that had whipple,centrifical, and twin turbo set up. wich of these three would be recomended for someone looking for about 450 WHP to start with and go up in power if desired with minimal mods if any after the 450. I like the whipple and twin's may be way expensive. Any price numbers on the TT set up? The set up I saw was the Ultimate racing 05 mustang GT twin turbo kit. " Ultimate says it targeted the 450 Rear-wheel horsepower mark with 7 lbs of boost and the kit is said to have made 356 hp with 3 pounds of boost. The Paxon Supercharger I see is $5,499.95for the high-output. The Vortech Supercharger $5,259.95 for the high-output. The Whipple which is at a $5,295 list price claims to be capable of boosting the three valve 4.6L engine to 450-475 hp. what do you guys think? Keep in mind that the only time I plan on running this car at WOT is at the track. No street playin for me. any advice is appreciated :)

cKjuiced

Got Juice?
Established Member
Mach170 said:
K, guys. I have noticed my dad looking at some Superchargers and etc. The warrantee on this 05 GT runs out in about 3 years and I was wondering what current system looks like it is the best? I saw a mag that had whipple,centrifical, and twin turbo set up. wich of these three would be recomended for someone looking for about 450 WHP to start with and go up in power if desired with minimal mods if any after the 450. I like the whipple and twin's may be way expensive. Any price numbers on the TT set up? The set up I saw was the Ultimate racing 05 mustang GT twin turbo kit. " Ultimate says it targeted the 450 Rear-wheel horsepower mark with 7 lbs of boost and the kit is said to have made 356 hp with 3 pounds of boost. The Paxon Supercharger I see is $5,499.95for the high-output. The Vortech Supercharger $5,259.95 for the high-output. The Whipple which is at a $5,295 list price claims to be capable of boosting the three valve 4.6L engine to 450-475 hp. what do you guys think? Keep in mind that the only time I plan on running this car at WOT is at the track. No street playin for me. any advice is appreciated :)
http://www.procharger.com/2005_mustang.shtml

Forget the warrany, force induce! You can always pull the blower off if it has any internal damage down the road. Ford mechanics are to stupid to realize the car has a blower on it.

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
SVTSNK2004 said:
Blower is a PAXTON and the Intercooler is a Vortech,,

The Paxon Novi 2200 was one of the choices. it is in this book and listed at $5,499.95 for the high out put. Your wifes car looks really nice congrats on the overhaul. You guys put it on a dyno yet? :)

cKjuiced

Got Juice?
Established Member
Last edited:

SVTSNK2004

Banned
Mach170 said:
The Paxon Novi 2200 was one of the choices. it is in this book and listed at $5,499.95 for the high out put. Your wifes car looks really nice congrats on the overhaul. You guys put it on a dyno yet? :)

AOD car 436 RWHP before the tune and 375 RWHP after the tune. Ford engineer was part of the build team and game me some insight on these motors. With an UN-unprepared motor be careful if you are looking for 450 RWHP with driveability and reliability, I would recommend the Saleen Blower, just with 3 PSI those Saleen's are putting down 390 RWHP. Low stress and heat with the Saleen unit. Very rigorous testing for Saleen to have Ford approve the use under the factory warranty. Awesome unit but $$$$. Look in the current issue of Mustang's & Fast Ford's. With my wife's car the AOD has been upgraded and it has a stall converter. Power comes on quick with the 373 gears. 375 RWHP on 20 inch tires is just perfect. Ford engineer told me that a replacement motor is unheard of right now and going overboard with these new motors will = BOOM!!

cKjuiced

Got Juice?
Established Member
SVTSNK2004 said:
AOD car 436 RWHP before the tune and 375 RWHP after the tune. Ford engineer was part of the build team and game me some insight on these motors. With an UN-unprepared motor be careful if you are looking for 450 RWHP with driveability and reliability, I would recommend the Saleen Blower, just with 3 PSI those Saleen's are putting down 390 RWHP. Low stress and heat with the Saleen unit. Very rigorous testing for Saleen to have Ford approve the use under the factory warranty. Awesome unit but $$$$. Look in the current issue of Mustang's & Fast Ford's. With my wife's car the AOD has been upgraded and it has a stall converter. Power comes on quick with the 373 gears. 375 RWHP on 20 inch tires is just perfect. Ford engineer told me that a replacement motor is unheard of right now and going overboard with these new motors will = BOOM!!
The new 3v can take 500 rwhp all day long, this is a whole new ball game compared to the old 4.6l. The new saleen blowers are junk as the old ones were. As far as the ford engineer tell him to keep designing the engines, leave the performance up to us, we'll get back to him and let him know what these motors can handle.

SVTSNK2004 said:
Ford engineer told me that a replacement motor is unheard of right now and going overboard with these new motors will = BOOM!!!
Sure does as with any motor. It's all in the tune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread