05 FORD GT performance numbers

carstocks

Established Member
December's "Road & Track" has some numbers on the Ford GT.

0-60 - 3.8 sec

!/4 - 12.2 @ 121.6 mph

Not too shabby!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Yeah right!, OH you don't mean the Mustang GT. Who cares abut the GT, It's way out of my reach.

hj16

Established Member
Note: This is the Ford GT, not Mustang GT

But look at that trap speed! This thing is capable of low 11s stock.

carstocks

Established Member
I look at it this way. Let the big $$$ R & D be made back from the sale of this car (Ford GT). But eventually the technology will work it's way down to our cars!

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I heard Roush dynoed one at 560RWHP, saw this on blueovalnews....that is like 650HP this was stock as well....

dredg9

Established Member
I cant wait to get one! hopefully my daddy will buy me one

Silver 03 Cobra

There was a post on a vette board where they were calling it an over priced joke and they said the Z was just about as fast at the GT and a heck of a lot cheaper. Where have I heard that before?
:shrug: And that wasn't a viable excuse to a Z owner when it was brought up comparing a Z to an 03. Now the shoes on the other foot and we hear the same thing. Wait till they put the GT engine in a Cobra.

At least the 03 is in the ball park of a Z06. A GT owner would use a Z06 to haul dirt with.

Mako

Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
There was a post on a vette board where they were calling it an over priced joke and they said the Z was just about as fast at the GT and a heck of a lot cheaper. Where have I heard that before?
:shrug: And that wasn't a viable excuse to a Z owner when it was brought up comparing a Z to an 03. Now the shoes on the other foot and we hear the same thing. Wait till they put the GT engine in a Cobra.

At least the 03 is in the ball park of a Z06. A GT owner would use a Z06 to haul dirt with.

You have to understand where many Corvette owners come from. most of them are whiny b*tches who wouldn't drive a Ford if it was the only car around to get them to the hospital. Let alone Ford making a car that is faster then their precious vette.

Just like some Ford owners... Not naming names.... Don't like vettes.

I would hazard a guess alot of people need to get out more often and I don't mean to vette or Mustang gatherings.

There are vette owners who like the GT (such as myself) I think it will be kick ass, but I cant afford one so I can only hope for the lottery thing comes through so I can get one.

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by Silver03Snake

Most Vette owners are stuck up pricks anyways. When they start getting their asses handed to them by the GT they will just make excuses "Oh, its supercharged" "Why does Ford have to use superchargers to make all that power" blah blah blah. They just sound like ricers anyways

Big 8

Established Member
Motor Trend ran a 11.7 at 122. Its also nudged itself over the 200 mph mark.

The cars numbers are looking closer and closer to the supercars. The Carrera GT and Enzo as well as the S7. Easily on par with the Murcealago and GT2 if not ahead in evry aspect.

A damn fine machine, no matter what badge it wears. I am simply estatic that it wears a Blue Oval.;-)

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I remember the days the cobra came out in the 60's. It wasn't fair, it only weighs x and so on. It is still the most copied replica there is period. Same complaints with the gt 40, now the 03 cobra and the ford gt., ford sc'd it. waah.. I would hope ford has the sense this time to put the ford gt motor in the mustang cobra with a good drivetrain. It's trickle down economics...

fordification

Established Member
Originally posted by Todd03Blown
I heard Roush dynoed one at 560RWHP, saw this on blueovalnews....that is like 650HP this was stock as well....

Can you show the link where you heard this?

Users who are viewing this thread