04vert cobra vs 98 Supra

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
pretty damn quick for me...

Supra sounded like an automatic twin turbo though :shrug:

Any info on either of them???

Edit - Sorta sounded like there was that crazy sound the wastegate makes.. but.. i didnt hear it open up when he took off....

Someone get some damn info!

Last edited:

black04vert

Established Member
I believe the supra has a T71 turbo, both cars on drag radials, as far as the Cobra basic bolt ons with 100 wet shot, and stage 4 port, and no I took the Supra by 2-3 cars.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
both cars sound like they are stock. There SHOULD be more whine from the s/c and usually you can hear a spooling of a turbo that big. but its your car so...

AcE XBOX

Banned
The Supra has a T71 turbo with a 4000 stall and M&H drag radials. He says they hook extremely good. I believe he is setting up a 2-step on the Supra so he can launch a lot better.

Good run black04vert

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
AcE XBOX said:
The Supra has a T71 turbo with a 4000 stall and M&H drag radials. He says they hook extremely good. I believe he is setting up a 2-step on the Supra so he can launch a lot better.

Good run black04vert

2 step on an auto? :dw: Building boost off the line should be easy with a 4000lb stall and those tires.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
cobraboy169 said:
both cars sound like they are stock. There SHOULD be more whine from the s/c and usually you can hear a spooling of a turbo that big. but its your car so...

no way those cars were stock..They both seemed like 500whp++ cars.

AcE XBOX

Banned
fastkars.com said:
2 step on an auto? :dw: Building boost off the line should be easy with a 4000lb stall and those tires.
I kept questioning him about it. He says the most he can boost is 2psi off the line.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
this has to be the same cobra that was posted the other day racing that 68 mustang or whatever cause i can tell by the sorry shifting:poke: :bash: but nice kill anyway

rastarajah

LS1/LS2 Powered
Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
this has to be the same cobra that was posted the other day racing that 68 mustang or whatever cause i can tell by the sorry shifting:poke: :bash: but nice kill anyway
He already went over the shifting issues in the other thread.

Supra's Mods:
AEM EMS
BL tranny w/4000 stall
SP T71 with 4in DP
HKS TI exhaust
AEM CDI ignition
HKS type R intercooler
SP ported stock intake manifold

made 415rwhp on low boost.

here is an engine bay shot:
http://www.salinasracing.com/videos/rastarajah/supraw.wmv

here's a compilation of that same supra:
http://www.831ccr.com/Videos/New_Era/HPSupraCompilation.wmv

Supra is missing an Aftermarket Fuel System to be able to push the turbo to a higher level and is also installing line-locks.

Last edited:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
wtf was he doing? a 71mm turbo wtih AEM+ fuel should of left that cobra so far behind its sick? Not knocking and not raising any BS flags and no the supra can never lose....but after being around supra and constantly learning more and more about them beforei build one...i know that 71 + AEM+ fuel + built auto = 600-850 depending on how high of boost. And the cobra just cant touch those #'s

rastarajah

LS1/LS2 Powered
Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
wtf was he doing? a 71mm turbo wtih AEM+ fuel should of left that cobra so far behind its sick? Not knocking and not raising any BS flags and no the supra can never lose....but after being around supra and constantly learning more and more about them beforei build one...i know that 71 + AEM+ fuel + built auto = 600-850 depending on how high of boost. And the cobra just cant touch those #'s
Did you not read that he is on a stock fuel system?

"Hell will be unleashed" after the stock fuel system is upgraded and i'm sure you'll see a difference.

Last edited:

vulture

Established Member
stock fuel .... not bad, but all that money spent without a fuel system ? Its going to be sick once he upgrades

Users who are viewing this thread